Heat/cool seat settings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heat/cool seat settings

Rbcoddington

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited
hi everyone-
We have a 2016 explorer limited, I have a question about the heat/cool seat settings. The settings have always turned off when the car is shut off and you have to manually put the settings back on when you start the car.
Well we took it into the ford dealership and they worked on the navigation system.
We got the car back Friday and now the heat/cool seat setting & heat steer wheel stay on the previous setting. So if you have it set to 2 on cooled seat, when you turn the car off & back on it automatically goes to that last setting.
It’s not a big deal to us but I’m concerned that they might have messed with more than just the navigation system.
Do the newer models default to the last seat climate setting when you start the car, or you manually have to turn them on each time you start the car?
Just not sure if we need them to fix this issue since it just appeared after they supposedly worked on the navigation system?
I called them and they said it’s fine & nothing to worry about. Thank You-Ragan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My brand new 2019 saves the settings. I like that feature much more than my 2015's that worked like your's use to. I'd leave it alone.

They must have reprogrammed your APIM.
I had both drivers and passengers seats blower replaced and asked if I wanted the auto "last setting" feature programmed and I declined, as I prefer to turn it on as needed.

We got the car back Friday and now the heat/cool seat setting & heat steer wheel stay on the previous setting. So if you have it set to 2 on cooled seat, when you turn the car off & back on it automatically goes to that last setting....... Thank You-Ragan
Welcome to the Forum Ragan.:wave:
Mine does the same thing.

Peter

Thanks everyone, I don’t mind it saving the settings so hopefully it doesn’t malfunction or anything :) But I did let the dealership know just incase :)
I think they did reset something in the system because I was having issues with the “Nav card not found”, we have been getting that error message about every 6 months since we got the car :(
Thanks for your input!

I wonder if there's a menu option for that now, have you tried looking in the settings?

I wonder if there's a menu option for that now, have you tried looking in the settings?
I believe the only settings for Climate Control are "Last Used" or "Auto" for remote start. I don't think that those affect regular starting. FYI, mine is set to "Auto" for remote start.

Peter

My last vehicle(f150) had sync 2, and everything would shut off with the key. My current ride( 2017 Exploder), has sync 3, and everything stays on last setting when shut off.

My 17 Plat will keep the heat or cool settings after shutdown and start up. I don't remember what I have set in the IPC but I like the way it works currently so I am not messing with it. I wish my F150 would do this, but it doesn't.

I just had the 17n03 done and afterwards the cooled and heated seats remember the setting after the ignition is turned off and back on again. Before the 17n03, they did not remember the settings. I had to turn them back on after the ignition is turned off and back on again. Go figure. I like it and am not complaining.

Back