Heated seat element | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heated seat element

This is where I ordered it from. If you run into any issues with the install feel free to message me.
Thanks Mr. Baker! Unfortunately it probably end up being a summer project but will give a shout if it becomes problematic!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 2017 explorer limited and have been having issues with the drivers heated/cooled/massaging seat. Im looking for another driver with a 2017 with the same seats to ask if when you turn on the cooled seats it blows coooled air on your butt. But mine after repair is blowing air when the heated seat is on as well. the dealer does not know much about the seats they use a 3rd party company for repairs on those seats. So my question is does your drivers and passenger seat turn on the seat blower when you turn on the heated seat and not just when the cooled seat is turned on. you should be able to hear it if the windows are up an radio and climate control is off. try cooled to see what it sounds like then try heated and let me know if you hear the same sound. thanks i appreciate it much. Matt

Matt, my 19 limited does the same when the heated seats are on. You can faintly hear the seat fans running as if the cooled seats are on. Although I feel no breeze or air pussing through the cushions, only when the cooled seats are on do I feel the air passing through the seat cushion.

Welcome to the Forum Matt. :wave:
There is a fan that turns on and usually barely audible. I was only able to faintly hear mine with the radio turned OFF. Never did I feel that the heat was blowing though. I think the fan may be used to blow the warm air up into the seat back.

Peter

Hi All! Same issue here, drivers seat heating element bad. Ford Premiumcare NOT covering it! How much was the part? May take a stab at it since the dealership wants $600 to replace. Thanks

Can I ask what reason they gave? This seems like something that should be covered. It’s not a wear and tear item.

Has everyone had the same experiences with PremiumCare? Or has anyone had their heater element fixed under warranty?

Thanks

Can I ask what reason they gave? This seems like something that should be covered. It’s not a wear and tear item.

Has everyone had the same experiences with PremiumCare? Or has anyone had their heater element fixed under warranty?

Thanks
It is not shown on the list of covered items under the PremiumCare Warranty.

Peter

It is not shown on the list of covered items under the PremiumCare Warranty.

Peter

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm. Interesting. I believe you, but I have PremiumCare and it’s fairly comprehensive. My local dealership has covered everything so far. Maybe I can make an argument... I don’t see how something like this would be considered a normal wear and tear item, like brakes.

Does it explicitly state that it isn’t covered, or is it not in the list of covered items?

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm. Interesting. I believe you, but I have PremiumCare and it’s fairly comprehensive. My local dealership has covered everything so far. Maybe I can make an argument... I don’t see how something like this would be considered a normal wear and tear item, like brakes.

Does it explicitly state that it isn’t covered, or is it not in the list of covered items?
Not on the list.

Have heated front seats only (not cooling). I have the same issue of driver seat not heating when switch is selected and shows as on…Heating for Passenger seat works fine. Fuses look ok in engine compartment. Looks like I’ll have to test the wiring under the driver seat to see if seat pad and element needs to be replaced.

Does anyone know why the passenger element cost so much more than the drivers side element?

FB5Z-78632A22-B costs 1162.56
FB5Z-78632A23-J costs 110.26

I looked into this before, and i believe this is the reasoning. The element and cushion come as single unit. The passenger side cushion has the integrated scale sensor to determine how much weight is currently in the seat. For example, the passenger air bag is automatically disable if something 40lbs is in the seat, but remains activated if the weight on the seat is 0 or 170lbs.

I am fairly cheap, and would likely figure out if it's possible to retrofit a drivers side element onto the passengers cushion

I looked into this before, and i believe this is the reasoning. The element and cushion come as single unit. The passenger side cushion has the integrated scale sensor to determine how much weight is currently in the seat. For example, the passenger air bag is automatically disable if something 40lbs is in the seat, but remains activated if the weight on the seat is 0 or 170lbs.

I am fairly cheap, and would likely figure out if it's possible to retrofit a drivers side element onto the passengers cushion
Interesting and makes sense. The same thought was going thru my mind. Thanks.

I've been having issues with both driver and passenger side heated seats. Sometimes when the heated seat is turned on it does not heat. If you turn off the heat and turn it back on it works. Is there a module that controls the heat? Has this been an issue for anyone else? They are still working for now. I do have a bumper to bumper warrantee so I should be covered when the time comes.

I've been having issues with both driver and passenger side heated seats. Sometimes when the heated seat is turned on it does not heat. If you turn off the heat and turn it back on it works. Is there a module that controls the heat? Has this been an issue for anyone else? They are still working for now. I do have a bumper to bumper warrantee so I should be covered when the time comes.
I've been having this issue with my 2017 Limited. I thought it was in my head the seat wasn't heating up right. I would toggle it on/off and then it seems to work.

Back