2015 Explorer Limited Driver side heated seat not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Limited Driver side heated seat not working

Porch01

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015, Limited Edition
Hello. I have a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited with a heated seat issue. The driver side bottom and back heat is not working. The passenger side is working fine. When turning on the driver side heated seat, the fan comes on for a short time (1 - 2 seconds), then shuts off, similar to the working passenger side. The difference is when the passenger side is turned on, a click can be heard. When the driver side is turned on, the click sound does not occur. Are the heating elements bad, or is it something else? What can be checked with an ohm meter to troubleshoot this issue? Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm curious as to why the working seat only has the fan run for 1-2 seconds. Perhaps the click you hear is the seat element coming on.:dunno:
I don't know if an issue like this would register a trouble code or not.
I used the 'Search' feature and found several threads on this issue. Here are a couple;

Peter

Update: randomly, the driver side seat heat works again. The fan runs normally and both the bottom seat and lumbar heater are working. It seems it could be a bad electrical connection somewhere causing the heat to work occasionally. Any connections or locations to check?

Hello. I have a 2015 Ford Explorer Limited with a heated seat issue. The driver side bottom and back heat is not working. The passenger side is working fine. When turning on the driver side heated seat, the fan comes on for a short time (1 - 2 seconds), then shuts off, similar to the working passenger side. The difference is when the passenger side is turned on, a click can be heard. When the driver side is turned on, the click sound does not occur. Are the heating elements bad, or is it something else? What can be checked with an ohm meter to troubleshoot this issue? Thank you.
Likely need to replace the module under the seat. This same thing happened on my expedition. To much current draw because the fan is going out.

I don't think the heat output on my driver seat is as good as the passenger seat. Likely the element the fan blows air through is going out. I checked cost and the units was around 100 bucks.

Below is from fordpartsgiant for my 14 Limited

Screenshot_20240426_190559_Firefox.jpg

Back