• Register Today It's free!

Heater Blower Motor Vibrates

dborscha

Reaction score
City, State
Round Lake,IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
Forgive me but, I originally posted this in the New Members forum by mistake.

I have a 2001 Exp Sport and the heater a/c blower motor vibrates, not so bad on low but really bad on hi speed. Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be or should I just replace the blower motor and cage. (I hate to buy parts I don t need if that isn't the problem.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bet you have gotten a mouse in there that has pulled some insulation into the fan to make a nest. The fan itself is shaped kind of like a gerbil wheel. (ironic?)
I had this happen just out of the blue and when I opened it up it was full of insulation, I don't know where the mouse went. It was quiet enough on low but on high it was a wierd "thrumming" sound.
Mine was easy to open up, not sure how yours is.

I bet you have gotten a mouse in there that has pulled some insulation into the fan to make a nest. The fan itself is shaped kind of like a gerbil wheel. (ironic?)
I had this happen just out of the blue and when I opened it up it was full of insulation, I don't know where the mouse went. It was quiet enough on low but on high it was a wierd "thrumming" sound.
Mine was easy to open up, not sure how yours is.
Not sure how it would have got in there but I guess it is a possibility, I guess I'll find out after I get it apart.

Welcome to this forum! I've deleted your other thread since it was the same as this one.
Thanks I was going to delete it but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Thanks id50
I would not have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own 2 eyes. I took the blower motor out and what did I find, a Mouse or bird nest filling 3/4 of the cage. Have not put it back together yet but that was probably the problem.

It`s wierd isn't it? :D
I think I got mine when I went camping once, it must have been a mouse and I figure once I started driving out he must have taken off the way he came in.
I never figured out how exactly he got in there, and I couldn't quite figure out where he got the insulation from, I was worried he was still in there somewhere, I would hate to kill one with a blend door and have it rot inside the mechanism.

:thumbsup:

It`s wierd isn't it? :D
I think I got mine when I went camping once, it must have been a mouse and I figure once I started driving out he must have taken off the way he came in.
I never figured out how exactly he got in there, and I couldn't quite figure out where he got the insulation from, I was worried he was still in there somewhere, I would hate to kill one with a blend door and have it rot inside the mechanism.

:thumbsup:
Go to go put it back together but I seen you were online. I think it might have been a bird because of the material used to make the nest, a bunch of grass and twigs. I noticed smell in the vehicle a while ago and it smelled like something had gotten in somewhere and died so that's must have been, Dead Rodent :) Thanks Again

Back