Hedman Hedders

FMExplorer

the original tramp
Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer EB
I just found a place I can grab Hedman Hedders for about $210 bucks. Are these a decent Hedder? I see posts about Borla, Jba and so on, and $210 is cheap relative to these others. What experience do you have (if any) with Hedman?

Jon M
(desperately trying to avoid the "save a nickel, spend a buck" syndrome!)

------------------
Jon McLeod
'93 XLT
K&N Drop-In
Modified Airbox
Kenwood Audio
(Am/Fm cassette head + 6-disc changer in the center console)
Rancho RS5000's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had them on one of my jeeps and they were great, I did bust a set of them only once though,that price is for what the ohv or the sohc. either way that is a great price, for a jeep they were about $140.00

------------------
Ryan Jones
98 eddie baurer 4x4
2 inch lift
32x11.50 buckshots
manik brush gaurd and go rhino tail light gaurds
hella black majik driving light
Surco 45x60 safari rack
jbl door speakers and kicker fifteen

92 explorer with two inches of lift
30x9.50 mud kings

mrjones98e@hotmail.com

I have a set of Hedman headers on my 94 and love them. I have had them for around 3 years now and they are still in good shape. I only paid $99 for mine, but that was a few years ago.

99 Bucks?? Wow - I think I'll have to do some digging. Is the install for these fairly easy? I would like to undertake this one on my own - then do the cat and a cat-back at a later date.

Jon M

------------------
Jon McLeod
'93 XLT
K&N Drop-In
Modified Airbox
Kenwood Audio
Rancho RS5000's

Hey; does the Headman headers come with a crossover/Y pipe? Are they a SHORTY or Long tube type header? Do they offer coatings or stainless? Sorry, I guess I should look all these questions up on the NET. Let me know anyway...

Rocky,
The kit I found contains bolts, gaskets, collectors and y-pipe to the single cat. Hope this helps...

Jon M

------------------
Jon McLeod
'93 XLT
K&N Drop-In
Modified Airbox
Kenwood Audio
Rancho RS5000's

Next project: Headers, 1.5" lift (add-a-leaf and spacers), 31x10.50's

I had Hedman Hedders on my van and el camino and they were great. I was unaware that they made hedders for the Explorers, that is great. Dead Link Removed

------------------
92EB 2wd with chip and Flowmaster catback system, and open air box.

Jim
"The older I get the faster I was."

Thanks Jon; I did go to the Hedman site and they didn't have a product listing. Let me know what you find and the cost. P.S. exhaust manifolds are something you only want to do once, so make sure the Hedders are coated or stainless. Replacing hedders is not something I would want to do every couple years.

you guys with the hedman headers.. do you guys pass smog with them on? because i want to buy them for my x but i need to pass smog also

Smog isn't an issue here in FL (Thanks Jeb!)

J

I have had Hedman on my Mustang for years and they work well. My guess is that your $210 price is for the parts you mention in the kit plus the headers and the $99 price mentioned was just for the headers. I think I paid around $100 for non-coated headers before they offered coated ones. I highly recommend the coated ones and think it is well worth the extra money. Coating them later costs considerably more.

can someone post a phone # or a link for these? Thanks:)

for anyone still looking for headers..... Summit has these in stock for $197.69 plus shipping. I just bought a set for my 94 Sport. I did call Headman to check if that's the right part number... everything seems OK so far.

Can't wait...

here's the link:Headman headers at Summit

sigh! when will us sohc guys get headers made for us?

headers have been installed.... no real brainer. Still waiting for my exhaust before I can fire her up... will keep posted...

now are these headers for a single cat? does that mean i have 2 cut one out? or something i have had hedmans before and they are a great product... but i dont know about the cats? and what kinda gains will i get from this mod? i already have a catback system...... so how will this help? and what intake mods should i do?

These Headman headers replace your factory stuff. They come ready to install with or without EGR and with the Y-pipe and all you have to do is hook-up your cats back like to the factory Y-pipe. Gains? will see... so far I wasn't really thinking about gains. I would probably spend same amount replacing with original factory manifolds...

Back