• Register Today It's free!

Hello again all, vehicle found!!

Clintonracer

Reaction score
City, State
Clinton, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Soon!!
Hi again. I bought an Explorer (finally!). I had introduced myself a few weeks ago here. I didn't get the vehicle that I was originally looking for, but I'll be ok. I flew into Florida and looked at cars for 2 days, got frustrated, checked into flying back home to Michigan and trying back again in a few months, and found that I could rent a car and drive from Orlando to Atlanta, (heading back towards Detroit eventually), for $5 a DAY plus tax on Orbitz! I turned the car back in yesterday after having it for two days and the grand total on the receipt from Avis was $15 and some change. They said at the counter that they got 1500 cars in for the Daytona 500 and this was their way to spread them back out over the country.

Anyways I originally wanted a mid-late 90's, 4X2 Explorer with a 5.0 to tow a smaller pop-up and ended up with a 92K mile, loaded, Eddie Bauer AWD, 5.0 for $3600 out-the-door from a dealer in Atlanta, (just like the AJ song!). It needs a few things like interior door handle and the subwoofer sounds like it got run over by a truck and some other small stuff, but all-in-all I think I got a good deal. I figured out the mileage 2X on the way back to Michigan and it averaged 19.5 on the freeway going 70-75. I bet the 4X2 would have been better but for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

Well, that ended up being a little long-winded but I look forward to fixing it up slow but sure and BS'ing back and forth with you guys.

Dave

Congrats on the purchase!

welcome

Back