• Register Today It's free!

Hello all. Ordered my Ex 3/15!

Jack Bauer24

Reaction score
City, State
ATL, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
After a long process of elimination, weeks of research, and long sleepless nights...I've placed my order for a new Ex Limited. Oh and that process came to an abrupt halt when we found out we qualified for the Z-Plan via my wife's grandfather being a former UAW negotiator. :D

Anyway, on my order sheet is a Limited...Black on Black. Dual moon roof, 2nd row buckets, 302A. Super jakked!

PS: site is fantastic and I've learned a TON from all your posts/experiences.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! We ordered on the same day!

Here's to a speedy production and delivery: )

ps. Can I ask what the X,Y, Z etc. plans are? I thought it was only Ford employees? MY husband is part of a union, would love an extra % off!

Xplan is dealer invoice plus $100 in doc fees.

I may have my letters mixed up but A and Z plan are dealer or Ford employee/retirees pricing which is xplan minus the 3% holdback (about $1,500 on a limited)the dealer gets paid from Ford on each sale.

You cant use the $750 mailer/brochure rebates so you basically save an extra $750 on top of xplan (we can use the $750 rebate) that many of the public are eligable for.

X-Plan vs Auto Circle

I got the "Ford X-Plan Friends And Neighbors New Vehicle Purchase Program" from a friend. Dealer participation is voluntary; therefore, it is important to verify that your local dealer participates in the Program. However, after adding everything up I found that my back finance plan with USAA called "Auto Circle" actually gave me a better deal.

i was trying to understand the X/Y/Z plan myself the other night, so i googled whole bunch of keywords. I was more interested in the pricing +/- invoice, etc. Anyway, long story short, if anyone is interested to look up the pricing, try this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514191838AAswCXQ

with the code, i was able to look up the 2011 ford explorer pricing (but without much into details like what options you want...) not sure if it helps you to get a better price or not, but i posted here anyway.

i was trying to understand the X/Y/Z plan myself the other night, so i googled whole bunch of keywords. I was more interested in the pricing +/- invoice, etc. Anyway, long story short, if anyone is interested to look up the pricing, try this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514191838AAswCXQ

with the code, i was able to look up the 2011 ford explorer pricing (but without much into details like what options you want...) not sure if it helps you to get a better price or not, but i posted here anyway.

There is also another message board, blue oval forum. It has a lot of ford employees. They sometimes will give people an X-plan pin so they can purchase vehicles. The way they see it if Ford sells more cars, they have job security. They are allowed to give a few pins each year.

Ask nicely, they might help you out. (I was lucky my employer is a ford partner. That's how I found out about Xplan)

Hmmm, good pricing for the x plan, but most warehouser retailers (Costco, BJ's) have car programs. BJ's hooked me up with a local dealer, $500 over invoice. They have been fantastic to work with so far. I qualify for the 1k rebate, the 1500 loyalty and just got the $750 coupon from Ford via email.

Thanks for the info: )

Well ordered on the 15th. The GM at the dealership said they should have the build date on Monday... I'll keep everyone posted!

Did you get a build date? I ordered on the 12th, but order officially states 14th.

I everyone I am new here. I have a question I am looking at buying 2011 explorer xlt with the 201A package will i save money through the x plan. If so about how much? I don't have a pin # yet this is why i'm asking thank you

I everyone I am new here. I have a question I am looking at buying 2011 explorer xlt with the 201A package will i save money through the x plan. If so about how much? I don't have a pin # yet this is why i'm asking thank you
The X-plan price should be around invoice+$100. Any incentives/rebates would go on top of that.

Did you get a build date? I ordered on the 12th, but order officially states 14th.

I don't have a build date yet. Then again I haven't called since placing the order. I'm just trying to be patient. I do have other things on my mind though...I'm 4 weeks into my recovery after having surgery on my torn achilles. It's been a fantastic month! :rolleyes:

The X-plan price should be around invoice+$100. Any incentives/rebates would go on top of that.

This is Seni with Ford Customer Service. I would like to clarify that not all incentives/rebates are compatible with the X-Plan. Please see your dealer for incentive compatibility as all incentives are subject to change. Please PM me with any further questions you may have.

Seni

Back