Hello!!!!!! Did I get a decent deal?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello!!!!!! Did I get a decent deal??

RumbleN

Reaction score
City, State
Inland Empire //\\ High Desert, S. Cali
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
Hi everyone, I just bought a '92 Sport 4x4. Its got 87k miles on it. I bought it from a friend that owns a transmission shop. Somone brought it in a year ago and needed the tranny rebuilt (manual). So the the tranny was rebuilt, clutch replaced, flywheel resurfaced, new plugs and wires, new alternator, new belts. The guy never came to pick it up, so I bought it. The interior is very clean, with only a couple small tears here and there, no stains that Ive found yet. Exterior is clean couple small dings, paint is good. Front tires are brand new, rears are 50%, brakes are good. I paid $3400. So, did I get a good deal?

hmm, it REALLY depends on the body condition. personally, i would never pay more than $2k for a sport - but if its showroom new, then its worht it. you prob couldve gotten a better deal, but at least u know this one has had some vital work done on it. buying from a private seller its easier to talk them down, but its really a gamble

BTW - Welcome to the site!

The thing is BEYOND clean, other than the couple things I mentioned its nearly flawless; And I know that the work was ACTUALLY done, and by someone who knows what they are doing. Anyways, good to be here, I usually make myself a mainstay on whatever vehicle forum I come to. This is my first 4x4 though..... So Im going to be asking the questions rather than answering!

BTW, nice AIM name :p

If you like the Sport and are happy with it you got a good deal. Just enjoy it! :)

Back