Hello from Australia!

Oz Actionjaxxon

Reaction score
City, State
Sunshine coast,Queensland
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 xlt explorer
Hi everyone,

just checked this site out and have become a member! Was originally looking for info on doing my front wheel hubs/bearings in my 1998 explorer and found some great info. Any suggestions as to where to purchase these hubs from as over here they are$1100 a set!
Cheers,
Oz Actionjaxxon:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome friend, and do you have a 4WD/AWD, or a 2WD? The 2WD uses traditional rotors with bearings inside of them, on spindle.

The 4WD/AWD hubs are the same for all 95-01 Explorers, they cost me just over $200 each from Ford. I have bought three of them since I got my 98 Mountaineer, the last two were preventative maintenance. Regards,

Attachments

• Brakeproject020.JPG
    Brakeproject020.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 115

I have seen and heard about some aftermarket hubs like those. Some people have had no trouble from them, but others have been dissappointed after they failed within a year later. I have seen an OEM hub on eBay before, but not when I was needing mine. I would suggest buying a Ford hub for a little over $200, they are the most reliable. Night,

Back