Outback

Reaction score
City, State
Selkirk, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 X
Hey guys,

I live in Selkirk, M.B Canada

I am doing some research on the 95 generation of Ford Explorers. Figure I would stop in say Hi and maybe you guys can answer some questions about your Explorers.

1st question is the 95-01 Explorers all the same underneath?

2nd- 2dr and 4dr models Frame underneath the same or is it longer I know with the Pathfinders it's the same length.

3rd-Aftermarket seems to be limited or is it that I am not looking in the right places?

4th-Does it have a full skidplate protection underneath that protects everything, from the front to the rear of the T/C ? Aftermarket or Factory?

Thanks,
Marcel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The reason I am researching and needing to know this particular information for the Explorers is I am looking at making skidplates for them.

Thanks,
Marcel

welcome to the site

1. 95-01 is second gen so they are all pretty much the same underneath

2. 4dr frame is longer

3. look on this site im sure youll find plent of aftermarket parts

4. no full skidplate, i think some models had the gas tank skid but thats it

Thanks for the info.
My site.
BlackPanther Armor

One of the guys I work with has an Explorer and he wants some skidplates. I figure I my as well make a run on them after I finish his.

They will not be done until late Spring or Early Summer.

So is this the busiest Forum for the Explorers or is there another one?

This is the only one! You have to check with Rick (site admin) before selling anything here. see the vendor forum.

If you are interested in fabbing things for explorers that are not readily available. Search around the site, most people are looking for;

Front tube bumpers. with skid plates built in.
Rear tube bumpers that hold gas cans and spare tires (tire is more important but many want both)
Cages
tube doors

These are parts that nobody mass produces and many here want for gen 2 and 3. most of the above mentioned are already available for gen1's from James Duff.

Outback said:
Thanks for the info.
My site.
BlackPanther Armor

One of the guys I work with has an Explorer and he wants some skidplates. I figure I my as well make a run on them after I finish his.

They will not be done until late Spring or Early Summer.

So is this the busiest Forum for the Explorers or is there another one?

This is by far the best Explorer site on the web. There are others but they get few hits. As someone mentioned, be careful about promoting your commercial site before clearing it with Rick (site owner) first. We've got some great vendors on the site. Join the club.

Greetings from Calgary. :ca:

Thanks for the input, but I am not selling anything yet as I am at the stage of getting Feedback from you the owners of the Explorers.

I need the Feedback so that if and when I start making them I can take that into consideration.

When I do start selling, I for sure will clear it with who ever is in charge. On that note I will still try to talk to him. The idea is still up in the air for now, as I need to know if there is enough owners out there that Offroad their Explorers. If not there is no point.

I put my site link on here just to let you guys know that I am interested and am not a Vendor for any Ford line-up.

We just want to point you in the right direction when it comes to being a vendor.

You might want to post something about this in the "modified 95-01" section. That is where you will find the most interest in what you are looking at offering. A lot of people dont ever even look at this part of the forum because a lot of the people are here and gone in this secton.

Good luck.

Welcome to the site. You're welcome to post here as long as you are just gauging interest for a new product. Please don't start taking any orders from our members until you become an Explorer Forum Vendor or Banner Advertiser.

The '91-'94 are all the same up front. Not sure on the 2nd generations, but others can help you with that, I'm sure.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Back