Hello from KY | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello from KY

nbmckinney

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Exceited to have just purchased a one owner 2013 Limited Explorer. I had two Trailblazers(02 and 08) prior to this, but think I may be a Ford fan from now on. The interior and comfort is night and day. I needed a third row, but really did not want a large SUV to commute in every day and not a fan of the midsize Chevy/GMC. I am looking forward to driving this vehicle for 8-10 years and glad to find the forum!!

So far I have ony had time to tint the windows and added an aftermarket hitch with advice from the forums. So here we go with the first question.....

I upgrade headlights in the past with LED with no issues. I love the modern look it gives vehicles and think it is one of the cheapest upgrades anyone can do.

Here is what I am looking at....
https://www.amazon.com/Marsauto-Hea...=8-15&keywords=ford+explorer+headlight+covers

Any advice is appreciated.

These changes are next -
- custom Lyod northridge floor mats (I really like the looks of these over the husky/weathertech mats)
- Upgrade 6x9 in doors for a little crisper highs
- Factory 20" wheels in black or at least some black/aluminum mix (I think this give an updated look). Hopefully can find a set that someone who is into aftermarket wheels needs to get rid of cheap!!
- Front console cover with the Ford logo
- Sun shade for front window. Possibly custom, but if a cheap one fits then no need.

Thats about it. So far a great new(er) ride for the family.

Back