Hello from Wyoming... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Wyoming...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is that tool which I saw in your gadgets section:

Attachments

• Screwdriver drill pin puller..jpeg
    Screwdriver drill pin puller..jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 90

Welcome to the site. Those are some beautiful knives you make. You ought to make a hunting knife with a gut hook.

The drill chuck with the handle is used to hold onto 1/16" & 1/8" dowel pins I use in my folders. The little buggers are hard to hang onto and I sometimes have to grind them to length...they get hot quick. You could make this set-up with a t-handle if needed for removing/installing stubborn pins.

We make lots of hunting knives, none with gut hooks tho..

Mike

I've got several around the shop, 1/4" & 3/8" both sizes. They have a 3/8 X 24 thread inside. If your robbing the chuck off a reversing drill there will be a left hand screw inside the chuck to keep it secure on the drill...open the chuck all the way and look inside, it may be buried under crud. Remove the screw, remember its a left hand thread, then put the short end of a large allen wrench in the chuck, tighten the chuck and give it a swat with a hammer in a counterclockwise direction...should come right off.

Mike

Back