• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Wyoming...

Mike Draper

Reaction score
City, State
Riverton Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Hi Folks, I've been lurking for several months...decided to sign on. This is a great place, lots of friendly help/info. :thumbsup:

A little about myself, Born and raised in Wyoming, spent a lot of my childhood bouncing into mountain lakes in a CJ3A or a 55 Jeep pick-up. I enjoy hunting and fishing and four wheelin'. I've worked as a bodyman and mechanic on automotive and heavy equipment/trucks. In Sept. '01 a back injury put me out of the mechanic trade and I started making custom knives. My wife Audra is a Mastersmith with the American Bladesmith Society and has been making knives since '93...we are both fulltime makers.
We were both raising 3 children when we married...kind of a "Brady Bunch" family. We have one left in school and she will graduate in 2 years....that will open up more time to get back to the mountains and familiar fishing holes I enjoyed as a kid.
We've got a '94 XLT that has been sitting for the last 3 years waiting for the time/money to replace the transmission...I finally got it done this spring and am really enjoying getting off road again.
I've found this forum very helpful with info on my transmission swap and fixed a problem with the transfer case electric shift. :thumbsup: I'm planning on a suspension lift and new tires/wheels, removing some lower body trim that will probably get mashed. I'm wanting to build front and rear bumpers with winch mounts....the list goes on and on. Whew!!! My wallet is already filling the pain :D

Thanks!
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site, be sure to post up pictures of any off-road adventures.

If you can, post a couple pictures of the knives you make...

Chris

Probably no relation or atleast I hope not :D

Nope..no relation that I know of, but welcome!!!! At least SOMEONE finally has a decent name!!:thumbsup:

^^Lucky for you! :D

Zip it pal!!!

You too Pink Boy!! Don't make me go back into photoshop. I've still got lots of pink to work with....

:p::D

Zip it pal!!!

You too Pink Boy!! Don't make me go back into photoshop. I've still got lots of pink to work with....

:p::D

LOL.. I do have some days off ahead of me.. I think a trip to PA is in order :D

LOL.. I do have some days off ahead of me.. I think a trip to PA is in order :D

Good..you can stop in Harrisburg, rent a trailer and bring the '66 back up from CJ's for us.

:D

Good..you can stop in Harrisburg, rent a trailer and bring the '66 back up from CJ's for us.

:D

LOL.. Like you really let me do that.. :D

Ignore them. Welcome to the forum. This is a tight-gnit family here and we are glad to have you.

This could be added to the photoshop pink pictures for the mod wars on this site:D
week_good_web.jpg

Welcome. Ya, Id like to see the knives and also pics of some of the trout you catch. Hey, if you need any help in the hunting or fishing area give me a call. I need a reason to drive out west again. I've hunted and fished in Co. but never Wy.
I know about the kid thing and graduating. Good luck

Thanks for the warm welcome!

There is still a lot of good fishing here. Here's a pic of son Chris with a nice Brown Trout caught a couple months ago...

pict9760hy6.jpg

The hunting is a different story...damn wolves are really raising hell with big game.

Here's a pic of one of my folders..

flippingfightingbighornag5.jpg

Link to our photo album with more knives/hunting/shop stuff. We're rebuilding our website...should have it up soon.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4004380

Thanks!
Mike

Nice Brown. That looks like Damascus steel?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back