Hello guys. I will be a proud owner of a 1996 Aerostar. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello guys. I will be a proud owner of a 1996 Aerostar.

Bezaru

Reaction score
City, State
Bucuresti
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Aerostar
I have a lot to learn about this car....so i hope i can get from here some informations.
As from the begining...i understand that my new old car:) have some problems with the power steering pump...that lose liquid, it rains inside the car and i have to change the brakes pipes. Can you help me with some informations? Is the other cars who can have the same power steering pump as aerostar? Where can i get a service manual for it?

Thank you in advance!
Btw..it is a 1996 Ford Aerostar, 4.0 l, AWD, automatic transmition.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!
service manuals- try haynes or chilton, imo i like the haynes ones best, theyre available online, or hard copy (though i thik hard copy has been discontinued, not too sure...)
do the ohv X's have the same PS pump? let me check on that

It's the ps pump ford used in everything back in the day. Used factory service manuals do appear on ebay often.

Welcome to this forum! The pumps are the same but the reservoirs vary. Either way, they are easy to swap. You could replace the leaky front seal instead of replacing the entire pump. An inline power steering filter is recommended.

Repair Manuals Online, Buy Workshop Manuals, DIY Service Manuals lets you download the factory service manual for about twenty dollars.its a bit hard to download the manual on a windows ten computer[for me]because its designed for windows xp but it works.chilton and haynes are owned by the same company now.they are the same manual except the haynes version skips some sections.chilton is better but more expensive.

Back