• Register Today It's free!

Hellwig 7648 Sway Bar question

dfkimbro

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Limited
I have a question about what the sway bar for a 1st Gen Trac should look like. I was able to buy the discontinued Hellwig 7648 Sway Bar for my old 2003 Trac just before I traded it in last month, but never installed it. I got it directly from Hellwig, after their national sales manager had the folks at the warehouse check their old returns pile, on the condition that it was non-returnable since it was discontinued.

When I was inspecting it today, I noticed that the end link on one side (passenger side I think?) is slightly curved, while the other side is straight, so it isn’t perfectly symmetrical. I can't check fitment because the old truck is gone. I’ve looked at some other photos of the Hellwig and EE sway bars online, and it sort of looks like that end should be slightly curved, but it’s hard to tell.

Does anyone whose installed one of those (or the EE bar) tell me if it should have a slight curve? I want to give it to my brother for his 2004 Trac, but don’t want to to do that if it's defective or won’t fit or would be unsafe.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wished i could help, but i never did pull the trigger on one. i lucked out and a truck a bought a few years back had a EE rear sway bar and ended up using that instead

Thanks for the responses.

Here's the only picture I have of one end of an EE rear bar. Both sides are the same as I recall.

EE rear sway bar.JPG

Back