• Register Today It's free!

Help 4.56 gears

Bronco_bill

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT,97 XLT
I am really pissed off at Accu Auto had me waiting for my 4.56 gears for two months and just sent me an e-mail saying they had to cancel my order due to a nationwide backorder of the gears. I reordered with another company they e-mailed me the next day telling me the would notify me when they are able to get them. I have my diff apart and an need the new gears for the Dana 35 TTB so I can finish it before it gets too cold here. If anyone has a set or knows where I can get one please let me know.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got mine from Randy's Ring and Pinion.. got a free notched cross rod for the rear - YES! Score one for the Voltron team! <- AHAH

Just tried Randys they said they would call when they get them. Also tried everyone else on the list.

what? they're out of stock too?
did u try SumimitRacing or Jeg's?

IT aint Accu's fault. This is all over the board, and has been going on since Apirl. You probably wont get your gears for a WHILE. Its the gear manufactorers... they are simply not making the gears...

when i talked to Accu a little while back, the tech their was making it sound like they are simply not making gears for the model 35 in the TTB. Because its an odd size/cut of gear and there isnt a large demand for it... They will wait a while, get a HUGE backorder list, skyrocket the price, then make em.

AccuAutoParts said:
4.56 gears will work. The problem with the gears right now is availability. We do not expect to see any for quite a while in any brand (we’re talking months), as there is a shortage of even more common gears right now, the gear companies are leaving some of the rarer axles/gears on the backburner.

AAC/AAP

Your only hope is finding someone (like on this board) selling a set...

thats interesting...

What about Motive Gear, or Richmond? Is a reverse cut D-35 that much of a *******? What about all the Rangers?

unclemeat said:
What about Motive Gear, or Richmond? Is a reverse cut D-35 that much of a *******? What about all the Rangers?

No motive, yukon, or persician. When it boils down to it, there are probably only 2 or 3 gear manufactorers for all these companies... IE Yukon and motives are probably one in the same. And what front i understand, it isnt just D35, its the all less popular stuff

probably the only gears you can get are for the 9", Dana60, Dana44 and MAYBE the 8.8.

If the Dana35 is being pu on the backburner, then you KNOW all the GM 10/12 bolts, dana 50, anything any reverse cut (except d44 probably) is ony back order.

I'm sure they are doing it for a reason. Demand probably isnt very high with the gas prices over 2 dollars average.

there is a guy on pirate that has them.... here are his prices..are these good? high? what...lol i have no idea, but would like to know since i will be getting a set ;)

4.56 gears for the Ford 8.8 (31 Spline) 137.00
Dana M35IFS Reverse ratio 272.00
8.8 master install kit 65.00
m35 ifs master install kit 89.00

slravene said:
there is a guy on pirate that has them.... here are his prices..are these good? high? what...lol i have no idea, but would like to know since i will be getting a set ;)

4.56 gears for the Ford 8.8 (31 Spline) 137.00
Dana M35IFS Reverse ratio 272.00
8.8 master install kit 65.00
m35 ifs master install kit 89.00

Those prices are pretty much about right, thats about what you would pay anywhere else.

Was absolutly Accu autos fault. It is just not right to hold up an order for that long. They had no problem charging my credit card right away. If they could not deliver they should have told me before. After a little more looking I got a set from Performancedepot.com for $232 shipped within two days from my order date. Mike from completeoffroad.com was also very helpfull I ordered install kit + a few other parts. Mike told he that he could not take the order for the gears until he was sure he could get them. He shipped parts in two orders with no additional fee to get them to me ASAP. Randys R/P was a little expensive but were helpfull and upfront.

Are these going in the pig I sent you? Take some pics for me :)

I think the one you sent may have a small crack but I haven't finished taking it apart yet so I'm not sure if I can use the case. The insides look brand new so I will be using them. I still can't believe you shipped the whole diff. I am going to machine the IFS arms to use DANA 44 balljoints ect so I will definately take lots of photos. How is your recovery coming?

Bringing back an old thread....Does anyone use Accu brand gears, are they any good? I am asking because they are the only ones I can find in my current price range.

nobody? well I think I will order them. I noticed I needed a special cross pin. Can I modify mine of do I need to buy the special one? I guess maybe I should start my own thread.:confused:

Accu is good if you find them at the right time, they run deals like twice a month, every now and again those prices dip as low as you will find them anywhere.

For 4.56 gears you will bearly need one, you can grind the inside 1/16" of the gear to fit the shaft, or get the modifed shaft from them, or modify your own.

Thnaks Creager. I just ordered from them but went with Motive brand. They were instock and should be here in a few days. This will be my first gear install so I ordered the modifed cross shaft with them.

Back