Help can only get extremely hot air with vent on, even set at cold temps. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help can only get extremely hot air with vent on, even set at cold temps.

TAKECOVER

Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville Al
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer EB V8
I have a 96 EB with the electronic climate control, and no matter what temp settings I have set, only extremely hot air will come out on vent or heat. I love to run the vent, but it is too hot to do that. Thanks in advance for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The blend door is broken...

It's a huge pain in the ass to fix. You should be able to find plenty of info on it though. just search the forums for "blend door fix". Or something of that nature.

In the meantime try using MAX A/C instead of auto and you can adjust the fan speed manually to make do on the temperature control. I have had to use that method for a couple of years now because of the damper problem. I read someplace that it was a $1,200. fix if you take it to Ford.

Thanks everyone, even for the bad news! :( I will do some searching for it. At least the A/C still blows cold, how I do not know, but thank goodness it works. :)

Back