• Register Today It's free!

help for my sports trac

kimij12

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford sports trac
Hi all I am new to this forum, I am also a sports trac owner, I just found out that my truck is not worth fixing and have some questions about the timing chain guide, I read that they extended the recall back in 2000, I have a 2001 and the guide is broken, the engine is bad, I only have 98000 miles on this truck and was told the problem I have should not have happened to a low milage truck as mine. Is there any thing that I can do to get the dealership to fix this problem, I don't have the money that it will take to fix and never got a recall letter, I don't know what to do next. I am disabled and this is my only transportation, I love my sports trac, someone please give me some advice on what or how to handle this or is it even worth it. I wonder if my truck was over looked and also was it really made in 2001 or 2000. and labeled 2001, some advise would be so much appreciated from you, I am at the end and don't know what to do next. I was told ford should have to fix it since the milage is so low, that that problem is for trucks that have 160000 and up mine doesn't. thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you may have

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you buy the truck new? if so, look into your states lemon laws and see if you might have a case legally. in CA, if you bought a car new and have taken it in to resolve the same problem over three times, you qualify for the lemon law. look into lemon laws in your state. also, there is a difference between a tsb and a recall and im not sure if the timing tensioner issue was a recall or a tsb. hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in. there are a lot of forum members from texas and im sure they would be glad to share their knowledge and even help. good luck.

Ford is not responsible to fix your 11 year old truck, sorry.

thanks all who have repled, now I was told that if it is the guides on the timing chain that this is an issue of alot more miles that what I have on my truck I only have 98000 miles on it even tho it's 11 yrs that to me says it was over looked when they did recall for the guides thats what I feel. thanks for your responses it's ashame ford had to make these trucks with this engine I hoped to have this truck for many more yrs than just 11 I love my truck and don't want to get rid of it but at this point it would cost more to fix than it's worth

thx again
kim

but don't they build cars a yr before they are sold so a 2001 being built in 2000. plus the fact that the low milage even a couple of mech. told me the milage is too low for it to have that problem, unless they were bad. I guess I am s_________. .

thanks

Back