HELP! How do I remove the front bumper on my 01 sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! How do I remove the front bumper on my 01 sport?

Open the hood. There are 4 screws that hold on the front. I beleive you need a 8mm socket for these. Go to the area drivers side where the fender meets the bumper cover. First remove the spash gaurd infront of the wheel. Next look up you should see a large plastic tab and another one of those screws that you removed under the hood. The tab is kind of hard to get out with out breaking it so be careful. You try and remove the screw with a rachit with an extention or one of those screwdrivers that you can attch a socket to. With the rachit there is not a lot of room so it takes a while. I ended up taking off the splash gaurd above the wheel to get extra room. Do the same on the passanger side. Hope it helps. If you have more questions just ask.

So to resurrect a topic from the dead, this is all that is needed to remove the front bumper cover? The ones under the hood, and in the fender well?

So yeah... without rust this would have been a much easier undertaking... 1 bolt broke, the other was sawzalled.

Back