help! how do you install indigo guages? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help! how do you install indigo guages?

G

gensic11

can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to first.. remove the dash and setup for installation (each step) each screw, what needs to come off etc. also one more thing.. the electrical aspect of it.. please explain how to take off the old guages and put the new ones into place.. these are the kind where you dont need to remove the needle it says.. and how to wire it up. i see theres a red and black wire.. the others are just plug in wires (3 coming off each guage piece ) 3 in all.. and 4 (to plug into).. i dont get why there are 4 to plug into and 3 coming off the guages.. but anyway please help me i wanna do this tonight~! thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thank you! will this work on a 97 XLT? are the wirings and everything the same , i noticed that was for a 1999

All the mechanical aspects should be the exact same between the '97 and the '99.

As far as the wiring, there MIGHT be SMALL differences in wire colors and such, but I doubt it.

does anyone know if you can buy the indigo with KM as the primary speed measurement or you have to buy with miles?? everywhere i've looked it''s miles

Back