Help, Just bought an Expedition! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help, Just bought an Expedition!

Racnmasn5

Reaction score
City, State
Palm Springs,CA
I was looking at getting an Explorer with a V8, but the sales man showed me this Expedition and it was a great deal. I went for it because its basically an Explorer but with a larger body. It has the 4.6V8 and 4R70Wtransmission and 8.8diff. But the problem is this site doesn't have an Expedition section and I haven't found any websites even close to this one. We need an Expedition section. This Sucks!

Racnmasn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrats, I like those :thumbsup:

while you're at it, you could post some pictures of it. what year is it? which trim?

I did notice there are many more internet communities for GM products. Funny coz the Explorers are (or used to be?) the best selling SUVs, right? You'd expect a lot of talk on the net.
You can try fordtruckworld.com, it's pretty quiet but they do have an expedition section.

Greg

i'm sure an expo section is coming on this site....,.

An Expediton with a 4.6 must accelerate like it's chained to your house! I've driven them with the 5.4 and they were nothing to get excited about. But then again, anything that weighs as much and is about as aerodynamic as a small ocean liner isn't going to be a dragstrip burner.

The Expedition is mechanically similar to the F-150. I'd probably check out www.f150online.com

Edit: They do have an Expedition/Navigator forum there. It looks to have a bit of activity too.

let's see some pics of it.

Well, welcome from England mate, we'll accept you if you would like to come here for questions, etc., right guys??? :)

i previously owned an f150 and was active over at f150online.com. When I got my exploder, i asked why there was no explorer section. i was told that b/c it was based of the ranger chassis, i'd have better luck over here and explorerforum.

so, worst case scenario, since your expy is on the f150 chassis, check out an f150 forum. i recommend f150online.com. lotta great guys and gals over there that know there stuff.

best of luck

i still wanna see pictures. i'm prolly getting one too.......waiting on the bank....

Thanks for all the support guys. I think this is the best forum. As for pics don't have any but I will take some. I guess i'll have to learn how to upload. I can't believe she does so great with this 4.6V8. I got it because it had the 4.6. Very reliable engine from what I've learned.

If you knew or owned a X with the 4.6V8 you would know that it has plenty of power. When I was shopping for my new ride I could't believe the power of the X, I thought I was driving around in some hot rod from the 60's. Every signal or stop sign I was racing.

As for towing I think you have an legitimate point. Only up step hills though. What really helps with an Expedition is the fact we have a 3.73 gear. That will turn any engine into a powerhouse. Also our tranny too helps.

Back