• Register Today It's free!

Help me get 4 wheel drive back

9sport6

Reaction score
City, State
Canterbury, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
Alright the 1350 is alllllllll bolted up from linkage to driveshafts........the only problem is that when i shift to fourwheel drive manually the front doesnt engage which i saw coming anyway.....now i figured i might be able to just use the electronic 4x4 switch to engage it but i cant..... if i remember right there were 3 wires going into what looks like an actuator on the front right axle tube..... is there anyway i can run into these power and a switch to engage the front end??? im so lost and my parents will kick my ass if my quest for a more reliable rig just screwed things up worse then they were...... :(

no one has the slightest help or a clue???

Since you have a 96 your front axle has a vaccuum disconnect. I'm suprised putting the switch in 4wd doesnt engage it but it's possible since the t-case isnt there and the GEM is setting off error codes it won't engage the front axle. You're going to have to figure out which wire is the power wire and if you can wire it up to 12 volts you should be able to engage it. shouldnt be to hard to figure out.

Back