• Register Today It's free!

HeLp nEeDeD!!!

vbfreak2001

Reaction score
City, State
mesquite, tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer got totaled :(
Hey everybody! I am in need of a cheap way to lift my 1993 Ford Explorer XLT 2WD about 4 to 5 inches. I read on something about getting a 3inch body lift for bout a 100 bucks then getting some kind of warrior shackels and some kind of spacers that can go in the front of a Ford F-150. I am wanting to fit 32 or 33 inch tires under this beast and I am only 16, which is why I am on a cheap budget right now. Anything would help right now, even if I could just get a cheap 2 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift or 3 inch suspension and a 3 inch body lift. I live in near Dallas, Texas and would like to make this thing a powerhouse. Thanks a bunch for your time in reading my thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The best thing would be a body lift 3". Around 70 bucks.
Warrior shackles 50 bucks. Coil spacers depends on where you find them. Superlift makes some for an explorer 16 bucks for a set of two. You would need 3 or 4 sets. With this you would probably be able to fit 33's but 32's for sure.

i have a body lift and the coil spacers out of a 92 f150 2wd. you can do this all yourself and just have to pay for the alignment afterwards. takes awhile to do but you could probably do it of you take the time. with this setup i fit 32x11.50 BFG mud terrains no problem.

Where in Dallas do you live? I am here in Dallas along with about three others. I would go with the three inch body, warrior shackles, and coil spacers (f-150). I have this set-up on my explorer along w/ a six inch suspension lift. Its big..

I don't see why people complain about the 3in body lift. My only major problem was the bumper brackets and now that they're fitted, it's great...No steering problems...Some rusted bolts...But I expected that....I'm happy with it!
Pete

I've had no shifting problems what so ever....I believe my shifting is done through a cable and I've got electronic 4x4...but no problems with shifting.....
Pete

Okay, well in that case, still no! I dunno...I think I may just be lucky with this whole 3in thing...but I'm glad I did the 3 and I would do it again!
Pete

Thanks a bunch guys for all the help!! I live in Forney, its right next to mesquite and about 20 miles from dallas. I come over to dallas everyother weekend to visit my mom and I heard there are some good places around here to do some things. I don't know exactly where this place is since its an apartment, but I know its around the street Arapaho and Preston. Well thanks a lot everybody for the answers with the body lift, warrior shackels, and coil spacers, but where would I get any of these? Online or at a store around mesquite or dallas? Well I hope you guys can help me out again.

Hey Arapaho and Preston? Thats right where I am. I am right on the corner @ that intersection. Small world eh.

get the spacers at a ford dealer. part numbers are:
F2TZ5A307A and F2TZ5A307B

they are from a 92 f150 2wd.

Hey guys I'm in College Station, live in San antonio, we should go wheelin some time. As for the body lifts, go for it. They're really easy to do. The shifting business is somewhat true. Its not really a shift, but a sway. Even if your bolts are tight, you should feel your body sway when going fast and jerking your steering wheel. You would be surprised how much a 3" and 2" differ in looks. Go with the 3"!

Thanks for the part numbers! How much do those run for bigcheck1? I think I will go pick some up this week after I get my paycheck.
Hey truckmagic, maybe after I get my explorer lifted we could all go wheelin sometime, How much do you think it will cost to get catback exhaust? I want my engine to breathe well and I want that rumbling sound. Well thanks again!

[Edited by vbfreak2001 on 12-10-2000 at 08:23 PM]

they are like 13 a piece i believe. you might want to also get the insulators that go on top of them if your stock ones look worn. mine weren't so you might get away with it.

thanks again bigcheck1, How many of those spacers will I need to get for my explorer? Thanks again for the help.

you just need 1 for each side. they are an inch and a quarter high. get yourself a haynes maunal too. you'll need this to show you how to pull the spring out.make sure theya are for the 2wd cause the 4wd has a bracket on it for the stabilizer bar adn you dont ned that. doing this is actually a good time, i did it with my roomate and we hada blast cuae we are both wrencheads except he's got a littel nissan so it was fun for him to work on something that actually is higher than a curb.

Back