• Register Today It's free!

Help! O/D light is flashing.

Tracy&Rob

Reaction score
City, State
Poughkeepsie,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT 6
I am definately not a happy camper! My 02 Ford Exploder decided it was going to flash O/D OFF light consistantly. It is weird when I turn it on it isnt on until I start driving aways then it turns on. It has been on about a week and yesterday it just started hesitating to switch gears from 2nd to 3rd. And when it down shifts the same gears. Im terrified. I cannot afford to replace the transmission. Can someone help me? I have read that it could be the auto trans solenoid pack and if I replace that it fixes the problem? What is the hissing sound when I accellerate? I also read something about the valves??? Will the light turn off once I replace the solenoid? Please someone help me I could really use the guidance. This seems to be a very common problem and ford is doing this to make money-- if they werent- they would have fixed the problem after 12 yrs of manufacturing the vehicle that every year has the same exact problem with this o/d light accompanied by transmission issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Od light flashing

There is no check engine light on though so what codes could it pull?

I cant drive it though so how do I get it down to autozone? I think my friend has one and I cant tow it because we are going to do the work ourselves. I will NOT give Ford the satisfaction of yet another person they screwed over. I will never buy another car from them again unless it is used from someone else. Right now I have no vehicle.

I had a flashing O/D light a couple weeks ago, I went to O'reillys and the scanner there was able to tell me what the code was....and I fixed it.

Ryan

Back