• Register Today It's free!

help on buying rims

Mcane6

Reaction score
City, State
Carrollton, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 sport 4x4
i am getting ready to put on a 3" BL on my X and going to run 31" BFG M/T.
but my question is what is a good rim to go with these tires?? im lookin for a 15x10 rim. i like the mickey thompson classic lock but was lookin around before i ordered them. Are these good rims? or what are some other good suggestions ($150 each range)

thansk

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

couple of things to note: alot of guys run 31" tires stock.
31" x what? if its 31x10.5 and your putting it on a 10" rim that could lead to trouble. about the wheels they are all about preference... get something you like.

what size rim should i run if i do run 31x10.50? i want to 11.50 but cant find the BFG M/T that size so i might just go with 12.50 or even a 32x12.50.
B/c ive been told that with the 3" BL i could run 32".

15x8 rim will do nicely w/ 32x12.5x15
I wouldn't recommend getting 15x10 rims because they would look kind of goofy, and the rims would be sticking out and be susceptable to dents and dings

I have been running 31 x 10.5 for over a year now on my stock 15x7 rims with no problems at all.

ok.....i did the 3" BL on my 93 sport.

1st, you can run up to a 12" wide tire on stock rims.

IF you choose to get new rims, DO NOT get 15x10...you will have lots of issues. stick with 15x8.

once you choose your rim size, you have a choice. 31x10.5 or 32x11.5. i went with 32x11.5 for teh hell of it.

pros: looked nice, good footprint, easier to play up
cons: i had to trim up, mg suffered more than if i had gone 31s.

fortunately for you you own a 2nd gen which can run 31s stock...so with the BL 32s should be fine. you may want to even do a tt/aal and squeeze 33x12.5 while you are at it (which CAN be done on stock rims but i wouldnt recommend it)

good choice on the BFGs.

also, i have a few extra bumper brackets for a 3" BL if you get shorted.

ook thanks this clears up alot of things for
thanks on all the info

Back