Help selecting plugs/coils for 07 Sport Trac 3V V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help selecting plugs/coils for 07 Sport Trac 3V V8

jadez03

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, AK
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 4WD 4.6L V8 Sport Trac
Greetings all,

Recently bought an 07 Sport Trac 3V V8 with the 6 speed 6R60 with 100,000. She's beautiful and I love her, but I'm having a repeatable misfire that threads on the internet have led me to believe is a spark plug/coil pack issue.
I have a friend who has offered to help me with the dreaded OEM spark plug removal, so I'm off to find the best deal I can on the replacement spark plugs and coil packs.

I've found what appears to be an amazing good deal on what other posts have recommended, Autolite double platinums for 9.33/ea and OEM #DG511 coil packs...$60 for a set of 8!

My question is will these items fit my engine? At that price for the coil packs I'm down to throw caution to the wind and just replace every single one of them. All new plugs and coil packs for $134 seems too good to be true. What do you think?

Kind of like you said, " To good to be true". I question the quality of those coils. I have found that on a stock to mildly modified engine the Motorcraft replacement plugs have performed the best for me. I get the smoothest running and most mileage out of them... My coils started failing on me about a year ago. Kept getting misfire codes when working the vehicle on hills and towing. I went ahead and installed Weapon X street performance coils. They are a bit harder to install than the stock coils, but they have worked flawlessly since. Actually picked up a bit of low throttle position torque when driving in traffic. Like highway stuff in high gear at low speeds was most noticeable. If you do not want high quality aftermarket coils get direct replacements from a Ford racing dealer. They have full sets available at less money than the Ford dealer has them. Try summit racing if there are no Ford racing dealers near you. Cost more but higher quality standards for sure. :usa:

Back