• Register Today It's free!

Help! Severe clutch problems!

mudvayne_03

Reaction score
City, State
Elko, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Explorer XL
I have a '91 Ford Explorer with manual transmission. The clutch master and slave were both replaced recently, but problems now. The pedal goes to the floor and it is leaking fluid severely. Every morning the fluid resevoir is dry and I find a puddle where I park. I was wondering if a leaky line could be the problem. I can refill the resevoir and it runs fine all day but if it sets it leaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is it leaking From?

I couldn't tell for sure but somewhere in the vicinity between the motor and tranny. Need a closer look tomorrow.

Get an idea where it is coming from. I'll be able to help you out more with a little more information.

If it's leaking from between the motor and the trans it's most likely something to do with the slave cylinder. Either the seals are leaking or it's possible the hydralic line from the master cylinder isnt fitted on thier tightly. If they where both replaced recently i'd take it to the shop that did it and get them to fix the problem.

Back