Help steer me in the right direction please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help steer me in the right direction please

jdub07

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 5.0 Mountaineer
My last visit to this site was 8/22/2002. I used to own a 91 Explorer but sold it to my little brother. Just this past weekend I bought a 2000 Mountaineer 5.0 Fully loaded sun roof the whole 9 yards. Truck is in just about mint condition with only 41,000 miles on it.

My question(s) is where can I go to be a part of a forum on this truck? I know the Mountaineer are similar to the Explorer. My main purpose for cruisin the board would be to add performance parts to the truck...I'd like to start with some basic bolt on's.

I own a mustang 5.0 but know little about this mountaineers 5.0 Engine. So far I've just added a K&N but would like to know of some good TB's, MAF's, Exhausts and Pullies. I think those things would be a good start.

Please advise. I appologize is I'm totally in the wrong message board area. I've tried to look for some Mountaineer boards but what I found were pretty lame.

Can you helP? :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the ultimate Mountaineer site. You don't have to go anywhere else. Since the Mounty is 99% the same as an Explorer.. you should be right at home here.

I'm thinking we need to get Rick to give us our own 5.0L forum here though. That'll give us our own little place to BS about performance parts, maintanence, etc.

As for parts.. I'd go with intake, chip, exhaust. Then move onto headers, shift kits, cams. Then maybe get a MAF/injector combo. :D

Thank God I can stay! Thanks for the input. I was hoping this would be the place to go but didn't want to just jump into asking questions without knowing.

The main things about the truck is I want to start some bolt ons in the engine compartment. My wife will be driving it too and I know she wont be happy if the first week we own it I throw on a big dual exhaust. Something quiet at first then I'll hit her with the exhuast. Thats why I was thinking pullies and air intake. Besides I was crawling around under it and I just can't see how it could be made to install dual exhaust? There really isn't much room under there.

I'm pretty sure no one is making any pullies for our trucks yet. They after shorter ACC brackets so Mustangs ones cannot be used. Most people lose their spare tire when doing the dual exhaust route. But some have gotten around it by just dealing with just getting it as close as possible to the suspension/fuel tank/spare tire etc.

If you don't want to go with exhaust yet, I think a chip would be the next best thing.

doh! didn't even think about the spare tire being removed. I'll do some reading on the board before I get into a ton of questions...I will look into getting a chip though,...thanks again

Back