• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

HELP Tons of codes and Battery not keeping charge 2016 Explorer XLT

thefranchise713

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 Toyota Prius Prime
Unless they have been sealed under the carbon monoxide 'fix'.

Peter

There's better coverage on those vents, but they're hardly sealed. Inherently that door cannot be sealed--it needs to drain.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
There's better coverage on those vents, but they're hardly sealed. Inherently that door cannot be sealed--it needs to drain.
Thanks. I was just going by what a member who had the 'service' explained about sealing the lower part of the 'gate'. Leaving a draining point makes more sense.

Peter

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
Close thread this was a waste of everyone’s time. Sorry. Dealership found and fixed all the issues and most of it (65%) was covered. Cost me about $500 with taxes.

VCFP153

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ormond Beach FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 PIU
Close thread this was a waste of everyone’s time. Sorry. Dealership found and fixed all the issues and most of it (65%) was covered. Cost me about $500 with taxes.

So, what was the problem?

Diveshard

Reaction score
City, State
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT V6
ProblemSsss
Coroded rear view camera connections. Then oxygen sensor and valve. I documented it in the thread.