Help w/ Dodge Ram Transfer Case Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help w/ Dodge Ram Transfer Case Problem

kaised

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Bronco XLT
First, let me preface this by saying I would never by one of these, its my friends truck :) When ever he puts it in 4 wheel, you can hear this intermittent banging - and not a gentle one. It sounds like some one is under the truck with a sledgehammer. Sounds to be coming from the t-case but before we start ripping stuff apart I wanted to know if this symptom sounded familiar to anyone? My guess is a missing tooth somewhere in the tcase causing a gear to slip. I don't think its from the front diff as the noise comes from the middle of the truck. Any help???

I m not 100% sure but we have done some dodge transfer cases that make a noise and it turns out to be a broken clip on the shaft coming out of the transfer case. when this clip breaks it allows the shaft to move to much and cause problems. Might wanna check this out I thin kyou just need to pull the extension housing off the back of the t-case. I hope this helps you out.

Mike

Back