HELP! Why does temperature gauge go up to normal than come down to a little above cold? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP! Why does temperature gauge go up to normal than come down to a little above cold?

RADIOACTIVE_TOOL_SHED___

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro north Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ford explorer xlt
Hey everyone so I was wondering why the temperature gauge on my 1993 Ford Explorer 4.0L 4wd xlt goes to the middle of the gauge aka operating temperature then it goes back down to above cold? I just put a 3rd coolant temperature sending unit it 30 minutes ago because it was fluctuating between hot and normal but everytime I replace the cooling temp sending unit it fixes it thank you.

Hey everyone so I was wondering why the temperature gauge on my 1993 Ford Explorer 4.0L 4wd xlt goes to the middle of the gauge aka operating temperature then it goes back down to above cold? I just put a 3rd coolant temperature sending unit it 30 minutes ago because it was fluctuating between hot and normal but everytime I replace the cooling temp sending unit it fixes it thank you.
I run a 10 degree hotter than stock thermostat and it stopped the fluctuation. Maybe you have a coolant leak?

Back