Help with a Code 125 TPS low voltage | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with a Code 125 TPS low voltage

XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport SOHC 4X4
I just bought a code reader with a screen and got a code 125 which is tps voltage below normal. Recently all i have done is put a bkk tb on and then adjusted the tps which i got set at .97 . I am going to check it once again but does any one have an idea what i need to do to fix this problem because i thought it was all good but i guess not. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that the only code? My code list indicates that it would only be a CM code. Any other symptoms? Does the check engine light come on? If there are no other symptoms, the CEL doesn't come on, and that's the only code, I would suspect that that code is left over from installing the throttle body. If you clear the code, does it come back?

I'm showing a desired voltage of .601 VDC +/- 3% at closed throttle.

I have disconnected the battery but i only throw on CEL when driving for more than maybe 20/25 miles and it will stay on for a couple seconds then turn off and go through this cycle about 3-4 times.I normally only drive a couple miles at a time so i dont see the CEL much. My friend who is going to school checked out the electical stuff with a multimeter and said it looked like everything was up to snuff. I will check it again once again in the morning and try KOER which i didn't get around trying to today. My truck also really doesn't have any unusual symptoms other than an odd holwing between about 35 and 45 miles per hour but i didnt think they were related and would tackle that problem later on.

If the throttle body is larger, then the correlation between throttle opening, TPS and MAF will be skewed. The 125 is a performance code. Meaning the voltage is lower than expected when it sets. The bigger throttle body allows more air at the same throttle setting hence the correlation error.

Unless you have major mods the larger throttle body doesn't do much.

Back