Help with finding a replacement armrest | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with finding a replacement armrest

jay2984

Reaction score
City, State
shady spring, wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I bought a 98 explorer sport about a year ago and when i bought it the armrest was broken off. ive been looking online and at junkyards for months now trying to find a replacement, with no luck. after seeing how expensive they are at my ford dealer and even on ebay, i thought i would see if anyone knew of a place online that sells good aftermarket armrests. any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

It looks to me like the arm rest mounts are the same for all explorer/rangers first gen up that use the seperated arm rest. I bought one for my 00 ranger that was marked for a 97 ranger and the plastic around the bracket were different shades of gray, but it was a perfect swap. The new arm rest was covered in cloth instead of vinyl and is SOO much more comfortable now.

This one right here looks completely identical to the one I bought, it should fit your 98.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7968517339&category=33695&sspagename=WDVW

Back