Help with fog lights for a 1995

tommyboy17

Reaction score
City, State
BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XL
Hello

As I am new I dont know if I'm just having an epic fail with the search function but can someone point me in the direction of where I can find a step by step on how to install fog lights on a 1995 XL, complete with pics if possible?

If not any advice (including how big a task this is) would be appreciated and I'll give it a go, take some pics, and create a guide.

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you replacing factory lights? or installing aftermarket ones?

aftermarket ones are pretty much up to you....use your imagination on where to put them. and the wiring isnt hard if you buy a kit cause they come with wires and a relay and switch and instructions.

but there is this thread that might inspire you on the placement of the lights
post pictures of your Ex with auxiliary lights

Thanks for replying.

I am installing after market ones. Its not something I have done before and assumed the kit would just be the lights and wires.

I think I am going to replace the headlights too as they are pretty fogged up from some kind of water damage or something, bottom line I'm not getting enough light at night for my liking!

Alright well the fog lights have i think 3 pieces....The lamp, bracket, and wiring...The wiring simply unplugs...The lamp is attached to the bracket and that thing is a PITA to get off by itself...The bracket is the easiest to get off just requires some blind un-bolting and unique hand grips...I think that is the easiest to get the bracket off and replace the lights by themselve

bottom line I'm not getting enough light at night for my liking!

i know what you mean.....my headlamps are worthless. thats why im making a roof light bar...for off road of course.....i just need to get some down low so i can see on the street

Back