Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alex_Flores

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello everybody, I'm new but not so new to this forum. I need help to put it as that. I have an 07 Sport Trac, V6 4.0 SOHC. To keep it short I will just post my questions and I would be pleased if somebody answered them.
• I want to install headers or manifolds I jus don't know if they will actually give me any more hp (I had read on other threads here that they don't make a difference than the stock ones)
•What would be a difference if I were to add two exhaust pipes instead of having one?
•Plain and simple what can I add to get the most out of my engine stock wise
•if I needed more what would I have to do to the internals?
•(optional) how much psi stock wise can my engine handle if I were to add a turbo (what size turbo)
ALL ANSWERS ARE WELCOME AND ALL HELP WILL BE ACCEPTED. I do have some pics of my baby if ya would like to see it. I have lots more questions too.

First off, as the commercial says, you should have had a V8. If you look at the exhaust there is no room for duals that will do anything. As for headers, Im sure mustang will fit, but probably not worth your time. There are some aftermarket cams, that would probably give you a bit. Biggest bang for your buck would be a little nitrous. there is a guy in BC that builds an adapter for an eaton supercharger off the old thunderbirds. Either of the last two options are probably your best bet to blow up that engine right quick.

Headers only gain HP on high HP motors. All they do is get the exhaust our faster. I have an 03 cobra supercharged with about 525 HP at the rear wheel and still have stock manifolds. There aa lot of money and time for not much HP. They do sound great but not worth it especially on a v6.

Man... Well thanks for the help I think ima just try to do the adrenaline swap then

Back