Here it is! My BII! | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here it is! My BII!

changed a little bit lol.

A little has changed since last time I've posted. Can't remember if I had mentioned I blew a head gasket last year. Other than that the motors been awesome. It likes to **** u joints though, bought a new flange hopefully that fixed it. The previous one was ovaled out a bit. Working on the suspension/exhaust at the moment since the current muffler is on its last legs, have a magnaflow on the way :). Waiting on the front shocks and rear sway bar bushings, already replaced the front ones cause they were gone

Going to post just some recent pictures, next to my friends explorer sport and my cheap yet serves the purpose I wanted cai

Attachments

• 20141216_135918.jpg
    20141216_135918.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 20141204_134033.jpg
    20141204_134033.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 372

I recently purchased a 1985 BII with only 98,000 original miles. I did not test drive it... when i saw it, i bought it, and the first drive i made with it was from leadville Colorado, to Oshkosh Wisconsin. No problems the whole way. Was a little slow making the passes in Colorado, but once i got down to sea level it drove better than the 93 explorer xlt i just sold. ( i would have never drove that thing across the country.)

I found this when i noticed the roof of it over top of some trees hidden back in a store yard. It was a courtesy vehicle for the leadville airport that hardly got driven. Here is the first time i saw the whole truck.
View attachment 208048

It has the 2.8L with the Mitsubishi 5spd.
View attachment 208049

There was no rust on it....until I drove it back to the salt covered roads of Wisconsin. Now there's a little surface rust that will be eliminated this spring with the complete paint job. The only damage to the body was a bent in rocker panel and a dent in the lower front corner of the passenger front quarter panel.

View attachment 208050

View attachment 208051

Click here for a bunch more pictures of it.

So far my plans are:

Almost complete interior replacement from a newer EB BII if it fits. I am going to replace the seats that are in it now with explorer seats (~93-99). Want to make it look like the following picture.

View attachment 208052

From this,

View attachment 208053

NEED a 4.0, prefer a 4.0 OHV from like a 97 mountaineer. Need the added power. This 2.8 is a dog.

I'm not going big with the tires. i have a set of steeles that will be painted to coordinate with the paint job i put on the body, and im just going to wrap them with 235/75 r 15 that fill the wheel wells a little better. (my cousins buick has bigger tires on it than this thing does now)

Thats just the begining. Maybe once i have some more money ill look into a suspensin lift and some bigger tires, but for now its more about drivability with some style and speed.

Any advice or input is more than welcome, if not encouraged.

Stories so far in the two months i have owned it..........

IT DOESNT GET STUCK ANYWHERE. Thats all i have to say. I have tried, it just keeps moving.
Sweet! I have also an 85’ needs some work.

Back