Here it is, what you've all been waiting for! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Here it is, what you've all been waiting for!

OK here is my explorer after I had done *some* mods (like 15" inch custom wheels, custom Defletca shield running boards and flares (custom painted), Monroe Reflex shocks, Ventvisors on the windows, sun roof windguard, GTS rear air deflector, EGR headlight & tailight covers, etc.). This is pre-18" Wheels....

expside.jpg

expangle.jpg

Here it is after the 18" Wheels With Pirelli Scorpion 255/55/18 Tires, Straight outta Da' Hood...LOL....

expside1.jpg

exp3d.jpg

Opinions? Questions? What do you think?

--Sean

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice man, only thing I gotta comment on is, what is with the tailpipe tips?

Dude!!! Where do you live!!!! MOVE! I thought I was gunna get shot just looking at the pictures! heh. Pretty nice ride though. however...I think Im leaning towards the 15 inch wheels myself.... thats just my opinion though. :)

nick

Nice, I have to agree with JayR. What is up with that exhaust tip???

I like your ride sideswipe, Most people on this forum live out west and fix up there explorers in a very different manner (i.e. lift kits, bigger tires, etc.) However I'm probably one of the few who has done both. In the city where there is no offroading this looks real nice. I remember when my explorer was dropped. It looks really sweet, but I'll give you one suggestion and trust me you'll thank me later. Go to a really good tint guy and have him even out your tints. I'm sure most people with tinted explorers have this problem and its cause do the factory bronze color that explorers have on the rear. When I tinted my explorer it looked just like that. The back looked like a mirror and the front was black. So I went back and the guy put on two layers of tints to match the effect. It would look real nice with those chrome rims. When I post my before and after pics you'll see the difference. Other than that it looks real nice.

I wanted a new cat back system but no $$$ left, you guys think I should lose it? It looks too cheesy?

On the tints, would two layers match the back, cuz the guy told me it couldnt be done to match the back....lemme know asap...

Sean

Hey Sean,
Looks good. :smoke: Yea, the tail pipe's gotta go. You know dual exhusts would really work. one other thing. A Serious Explorations sticker on the back would also be a nice touch of class. ;) I also hear it gives you at least 50 more Hp. J/K :D
If you sign in on the registry forum, you could post a picture of your truck for all to see, and then make a hyperlink in your signature so others could access it more readily.

Those rims look CRAZY!! I really like them. Truck looks really good. Keep up the good work, but I am going to have to agree with the consensus and say get rid of the exhaust tip but other that that it looks really nice.

your ride

OMG I can't believe that no one there has striped that down already... do you have one of those alarms that yell "hands up police" when the truck so much is breathed on? Where do you live?

Karol
explorereb96@ford-trucks.net

LOL, I wish I could get 50 more HP, I need it with only a V6 in there. Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'm gonna get rid of the tip. The neigborhood where I took the pic is not where I live so rest assured. Yes I do have 2 alarms (pretty sensitive) on the car, and sleep with one eye open, if I hear any of em goin off, I'm busting out my front door BLAZING! I live in Brooklyn, NY....

--Sean

rinky dinky tint guy

Sean if the tint guy told you it couldn't be done, go somewhere else. This is what happens: Rear passenger and Cargo area have bronze factory glass, and front is completely clear. when you add black tints to the factory bronze it creates that mirror type image, which I must say looks awesome, except the front doesn't look the same. Now I don't know if I'm a perfectionist but that bothered the **** out of me. Solution: Go to a tint place that does special custom work or just visit a few different ones until you run into somebody that understands this when you explain it to them. What they did to mine was put on a light bronze tint that imitated the factory color of the back and then added the black behind that. It did the trick, I'm not saying that it looks 100% like the back, but its very close. Looks a hell of a lot better. I have chrome rims also and I think that it looks great with that color tint. My suggestion shop around, and ask a few people.

Make sure you post the pics in this post so we can all see the difference if you do fix it.

Robert

OK kool...I'll look for a better guy. I understand what youre saying but I only had the tints put on the front windows, I didnt have anything done to the rear or cargo glass. Do I still need to get the black put on the front windows to get it to match correctly?
Thanks for all your help.

--Sean

About the tip

Buy a nice Borla Tip, and cut off about 10 inches of the exaust pipe(have a shop do it) and weld, or clamp on the tip, that would look better and could be done for around 40$ just a thought. I got a complete flowmaster 50 series for 200, cat back.

Super phat ride! I like it all, lose the tip! Everything ties into each other, I like that. A lot of the guys here in Chicago buy all kinds of crap to put on there truck to try to look stylin, but all they do is look stupid. Your's has class, keep up the good work.

In my opinion, some nice spokes would have looked killer. I am thinking 5 spoke like the SVT rims. Still looks phat though.

Now all you need is two twelves, a dual bandpass to put them in, two Pioneer amps, a head unit, MCAP, and alternator. ****, you'd be pimpin' it then yo!

Get the boom in the back!

BANDPASS?!?!?!?!?!?! screw that!!! stay with sealed!! much tighter!!!! ;)

True, you will get more punch with a sealed box. A dual bandpass will give good lows, but not much punch like the sealed box. Each box has a different range, depends on what ya like.

I had two 12" Blau's in a dual bandpass box in my little VW Jetta with two 250w amps. I swear I was going to blow out my windshield. One thing I did blow a lot of was fuses. Monster fuses aren't cheap. :D

Hey guys, I already have music in the back! Two 12" Rock Fozz in an Isobaric box and a rock fozz amp pusing em. Also, pioneer 3 ways in all the doors!

New pics are up! Check em out!

Sean

Back