• Register Today It's free!

Heres the problem

Premierexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Portland/Corvallis OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Eddie Bauer 4.6
I have a 1992 explorer that i took into ford to get fixed for a popping sound. When i press the brake, release the brake, or turn the steering wheel at low speeds it pops. You can feel it when it does it. Ford said they could not find anything wrong but they said it would probably be shocks and the front sway bar bushings. I paid them $100 for them just to tell me what it might be. Any Ideas what it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kinda sounds like RA Bushings or ball joints, but im sure the Dealership would have checked those

Radius arm bushings are a common problem as are shocks and sway bar bushings. It irks me that you paid good money for a proper diagnosis and they couldn't identify the problem.. :thumbdwn: If the noise/feeling comes from under your feet it is definitely the RA bushings.

Yea most likely the RA bushings because when I first got my truck I had to change mine. They were down to nothing and they were poping when i turn and when i slowed down at slow speed it sounded like metal touching together. got that fixed and it stoped that.

100 bucks!!

geez....at the Tire Service Center where i work we only charge 10 bucks for a suspension check....with estimate. and if you decide to have the work done here the 10 dollars is waived and you just pay for the work done

Back