• Register Today It's free!

Hey everyone, new guy here

AceOClubs

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' Eddie Bauer 4dr
Before moving to Arizona, I purchased a seriously used and abused 93' Eddie Bauer edition 4door. It's from Nebraska and FULL of rust, tranny slipping and needs a paint-job BAD! The price was right and it made it here, yay!

Now what? Funds are tight as I just started a new job.

Tranny slipping like crazy, using that Tans-X fluid but not helping much.

Have to make this vehicle dependable not only for work but, I like to go deep in the desert for hiking trips with friends and... it's a long way back to civilization some times! lol

Eventually, it will need a lift-kit, tires and a serious "desert tan/camo" paint job that can take heavy abuse and not scratch easily.

Any thoughts?

Thanx, Ace

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

trans first....dont wanna get stuck in the middle of nowhere...after that get some 31 inch a/t's tires...and there was this dude on here who painted his truck with bed liner to make it scratch resistent, lol

be easy on the tranny till u can get it fixed. as for paint thats tough, you could always rhino line the whole truck (another member here has it done and looks good) and either leave it black or do tan camo over rattle can over the rhino liner. should be rugged enough to not scratch. just a thought?

Welcome to Forum! Hopefully you can get the truck running in top shape. Share some pictures of your progress with the vehicle:thumbsup:

Awesome!

Rhino line the whole truck? That is brilliant! :thumbsup:

31 inch tires huh? I will need a 4" lift-kit 1st, right?

I will post pix, will dig-up a couple now and post updates.

Thanx guys, anyone familiar or based outta Phoenix area? Hints on where to go for deals is appriciated, Iam brand-new here.

Thanx again!

31"s should fit under it stock. If not you can lift it 1.5" to 2" with f150 coil seats or spacers(i cant remember, if you search you should find it), and lift shackles(warrior 153).

But fix that trans first.

Back