• Register Today It's free!

Hi all - good morning

Budget Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Pewaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
21 Explorer XLT
I figured I would make a quick intro before I start browsing the forums looking for solutions. I buy a couple totaled cars every year from insurance auctions and fix them up for friends and family. My most recent purchase is a 21 XLT for my wife. It was totaled from a deer hit - every bag went off inside the car and front end damage but nothing structural. My part scavenger hunt is almost over and I'm in the middle of my rebuilt.

Hopefully I can contribute back some knowledge along the way.

PXL_20230829_233035913.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good morning, welcome to the group! From this view, looks very fixable. One question, I know it is a variable answer based on timing and location. Your latest find, pictured, how much did you have to pay for it?

Good morning, welcome to the group! From this view, looks very fixable. One question, I know it is a variable answer based on timing and location. Your latest find, pictured, how much did you have to pay for it?
My bid plus all auction fees brought the purchase price to a little over $15k. I'm going to be spending about $7k on parts and repairs so all in should be around $22k.

Welcome Bob. Nice score.

Back