• Register Today It's free!

Hi Guys!

C-Knoat

Reaction score
City, State
Evansville, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
What's up, all? I am glad to find a place full of exactly what I need to know based upon similar experiences. Let's get to it! '02 Merc. Mountaineer. AWD 4.6L 8 cyl. All leather, heated seats, mirrors, multi zone climate control. When I bought it, this was the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. However, just like the hottest chick you've ever dated, she is VERY high maintenance and expensive. Quickly becoming more than I want to deal with. Just kidding, ladies.

Welcome to the forum,,

like all high maintenance deals, , it's so worth it in the end,,

once you get some of the issues figured out, you will really like this vehicle,,

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

Be sure to check out the 3rd Generation Sub-Forums:

Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Questions related to non-modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications. Sport Trac and Sport use the 1995-2001 forum.

Modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Questions related to modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. For Sport Trac and Sport models use the 1995-2001 forum. Aftermarket accessories and modifications. Bullbar, running boards, floor mats, cargo mat, DVD headrest, wheels, tires, stereo upgrade, headlights, mud flaps, lift kits, engine swap, transmission swap.

Good luck and Happy Exploring!

Back