• Register Today It's free!

mounty modifications

rocket2ya

Reaction score
City, State
PHX
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 mountaineer v8
i havent posted many pictures of my truck on here for a while so i figured i would post what ive done so far, its still not done but i think its looking pretty good.
Mod list:
Debadged
Spectre intake
Magnaflow exhaust
blacked out tails and marker lights
2 kicker c10's, i 12in fusion, 1100watt crunch amp, with a JVC HU
the grille is custom, i just finished it a couple hours ago, i think it looks nice since there isnt many options for mountys.

there is still a long list of things i would like to do to it, but i have to wait for the funds lol

heres some pics, hope you guys like it.

IMG000301.jpg

IMG00022.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

IMG00032.jpg

IMG00033.jpg

IMG00034.jpg

IMG00035.jpg

IMG00027.jpg

IMG00028.jpg

IMG00029.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have another idea that you could tint your front turnsignals... my friend did it to his jeep... mask off the headlight half and just do the signal... it'll make the front look different than anything out there, I really like that custom grille...

yeah i was thinking about that, actually i might try that tomorrow. thanks man

Looks nice! How many coats of the light tint stuff did you put on your lights? I am thinking of doing mine but the ride is silver and the black will stand out much more than yours. I am not sure if the cops here in VA will let me away with it or not. I thought about getting a can an doing just one coat on them. I don't think they will be really dark then. Oh ya did you coat over them with clear? What kind of filter is that, and where did you get it? Did you notice any gains from it? Oh ya, nice hidden antenna also.

STU

i think i did 2 coats of the tint spray and then 1 coat of clear over it. its some generic spectre brand filter i got a autozone, i didnt really notice any differences. haha went to the car wash a couple days ago and just havent gotten around to putting it back on haha

Thanks a bunch so 1 coat should to about what I want. I just want to smoke them a bit not black them. Just to knock the shiney red look off them.

STU

looks good keep up good work

for yourr headlights just throw some eye lids over them. any tint shop can install the vinyl
07312009076.jpg

07312009073.jpg

or just pull the light apart and paint the chrome edges. i painted mine when i installed my projectors and now it looks like i tinted them. ill try to get some pics ask caldwell about them they look sick

for the tails just don't spray the reverse light and you should be fine in most places.
lights on:
07312009074.jpg

lights off:
IMAGE_112.jpg

^^^^ ill 2nd the gentlemen's statement above lol hahaha

yeah i was thinking about that, actually i might try that tomorrow. thanks man

Lookin pretty sharp,Theres another thread on the front headlights being seperated then painted, that would look good on yours! How bad does your rear hatch rattle with those subs?:D

i put some of that padding that goes under carpet like in houses ( lol idk the name of it) behind all my panels so there is no rattle.

i put some of that padding that goes under carpet like in houses ( lol idk the name of it) behind all my panels so there is no rattle.

It's called "underlay". The only reason I know is I work for a flooring distributor and we've got a LOT of the stuff in our warehouses. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

It's called "underlay". The only reason I know is I work for a flooring distributor and we've got a LOT of the stuff in our warehouses. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

haha thanks.

shes a beauty rocket! all i can say is OAKLEE!!!

haha thanks man, hopefully my HID kit i ordered works out and ill have those installed in a few days

just got my 10000k hid's installed today and am totally happy with how they look, ill try to get some pics up soon

did you get just the low's ? or fog's as well ?

i got both in 8000K they look sick, cant wait to see 10000K lights

Just got the lows, how did you get the bulbs to lock in place? That plastic ring that was on the stock ones won't fit so mine are kind of just sitting there.

what? The retainer can be loosened by removing screws. Then put the bulb into the locked position. Then retighten the retainer ring. You should be fine. Or am I wrong?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the way the bulb is with the wires coming out of the back the ring can't go over it to lock it in

Back