hid kit with canbus ballast | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hid kit with canbus ballast

Has anyone bought this hid kit for a 2007 and up explorer?

The H13 Bi-Xenon HID Kit with option "Add Canbus Ballasts (error correcting) for BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Dodge and Jeep 2008+ or other cars with Burned Out Bulb Indicators".
highperformancebulbs.com/h13hidbihlow.html

I plan to get hid kit for my 2007 explorer, but I don't to see the headlight blown warning light.
any good advise what good hid kit for my vehicle would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

has anyone used this kit or a similar one??

Those canbus warning error correcting modules don't work. It just filters the flicker for the DRL (Daytime Running Lights), but does not correct the Error Check light Code. I had to add loading resistors 3-6 ohms 50W resistors across the factory load and that kept the "Check Bulb" errors from coming up!

ahh my bad i guess i just saw it as i was scrolling down and figured it was for the newer vehicles since i havent heard of 2nd gen with a bulb out indicator :dunno: sry if i mislead anyone.

ahh my bad i guess i just saw it as i was scrolling down and figured it was for the newer vehicles since i havent heard of 2nd gen with a bulb out indicator :dunno: sry if i mislead anyone.

On newer vehicles the bulb out indicator is done through the system messaging. This is no BULB CHECK light itself, it just comes up on the messaging system. More than likey they all have this, you can check yourself just by removing the headlight assembly with those 3x 10mm bolts, and disconnecting your headlight bulbs, and start the vehicle (make sure your doors are closed!) and it should pop up with that message. You can always get it to go off by pressing the reset button but its a PITA to do it everytime you start it up! So I just added loading resistors to simulate the load of the bulbs to trick the system into thinking the bulbs are good! :D For now until there is a new way soon without the load resistors!!!

picture.php

These are my HIDs, 12,000K 50W Bi-Xenon

On newer vehicles the bulb out indicator is done through the system messaging. This is no BULB CHECK light itself, it just comes up on the messaging system. More than likey they all have this, you can check yourself just by removing the headlight assembly with those 3x 10mm bolts, and disconnecting your headlight bulbs, and start the vehicle (make sure your doors are closed!) and it should pop up with that message. You can always get it to go off by pressing the reset button but its a PITA to do it everytime you start it up! So I just added loading resistors to simulate the load of the bulbs to trick the system into thinking the bulbs are good! :D For now until there is a new way soon without the load resistors!!!

im going to try this today. (you can check yourself just by removing the headlight assembly with those 3x 10mm bolts, and disconnecting your headlight bulbs, and start the vehicle (make sure your doors are closed!) and it should pop up with that message). do you have any pictures and/or instructions on how to install resistors. where did you get your resistors?? I have hids kit on my other older chevy trucks. they don't have the "headllight out light".

Those canbus warning error correcting modules don't work. It just filters the flicker for the DRL (Daytime Running Lights), but does not correct the Error Check light Code. I had to add loading resistors 3-6 ohms 50W resistors across the factory load and that kept the "Check Bulb" errors from coming up!

wherer did you bought your hid kit from??? I plan to buy some for my headlight and fog lights.

Back