HIDs are only $35, get official | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HIDs are only $35, get official

just want everyone to know that hid kits are now on sale for $35.00 on ebaymotors.com. i bought mine for that price 2 years ago and no lie, there are shining like day 1 lol.it came with everything i needed to put them right in and it was plug n play with no splicing or black taping needed.they only consume 35 watts and with the color put out a longer and wider light path than my old 55 watt halogens.i couldve got the 55 watt hid kit but that intensity would cause trouble. i have 6k 35 watt hid kit, and led fog light assemblys and led license plate lights which are garenteed 100,000 hours and have never been pulled over, questioned or warned for this lol.its todays tecnology and authorities accept it.go to ebaymotors.com a 35wt kit is $35 and a 55wt kit is $80(at your own risk...) dont be a wannabe, get official lol. all you do is go to the site ebaymotors.com and if your explorer uses 9008, just type :9008 hid kit... and youll get 100s of offers.you need hid kit not hid bulbs f.y.i..6k is the closes to white you can get,8k is an iceberg kinda blue and 10k is pure deep blue.6k,8k or 10k dont represent the brightness only color temperature.35w and 55w represent brightness.hope this helps and hope some broke people still get what they want for xmas.and remember:dont be a wannabe, get official lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 35w kit in my Fiesta and haven't had a single problem with them, and a kit from them in my Explorers fogs. I've heard of quite a few members having problems though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 35w kit in my Fiesta and haven't had a single problem with them, and a kit from them in my Explorers fogs. I've heard of quite a few members having problems though.
I'm also getting a pair of DDM Tuning HIDs for my EB, they're actually at the post office, so I'll give my opinion when they are installed. They're 55W fogs, my expectations are high, patience low. I'll give a full report.

I've also heard about bulbs going before they're expected to in the case of DDM. With the number of bulbs being sent back, well, assuming feedback theory to be correct, we'll see greater quality without a jump in price. Hopefully anyways.

Yea I forgot about DDM shipping time. Mine took way too long and the box was beat to hell on the outside, but all the stuff was fine inside thank god.

I did not find their shipping (assuming this package waiting for me are in fact my lights) to be any longer than most of the online stuff I have bought in the past.

The DDM kits are about as inexpensive as these eBay kits, just pay for the shipping. The 55W kits are even cheaper than the price posted by OP.

that is good info because i thought i found the best deal.i bought my 35 watt kit from ebay 3 years ago and hopefully they die soon because im looking to upgrade to a 55wt kit. how can i get a ddm kit??

Here would be the inexpensive kits I refer to.

Well, as always, check the feedback posted by other users of DDM, there are plenty on this forum.

You're blinding everyone with your cheap kits. That's the problem. Maybe it works great for you, but your $35 kit pisses me off and gets the high beams and PIAA 520s every time. You are endangering other drivers at an attempt to be "official." I understand the good intention, but this has been discussed to the point of extreme redundancy and the consensus is that "you get what you pay for."

We've had HIDs in my wife's Tahoe for about seven years now and it wasn't bought for $35 and didn't come from a stereo shop. Haven't had a single problem. Do you expect yours to last that long? I doubt it. Also, they're really not much of an improvement over halogen. Good marketing makes Bud Light taste good, too.

Now we're getting into something else now.. this is about kits.. not about blinding people. I don't blind people, I use 35w in my projectors and 55W in reflectors for offroad use only.

This is about kits only, don't start going on about what his use for the kit is or housing types.

His use is irresponsible and it is on topic as he posted in the original post:

it came with everything i needed to put them right in and it was plug n play

Unless the kit really is all you need to responsibly be official.

lol.. Ebay Official, can't get better than that.

All I have to say is.. the "generic ebay kits" Are of no problem, I put them through plenty of abuse and use the proper applications... just don't get too cheap..

hdd.jpg

00f63d6s.jpg

http://blog.jitbit.com/2011/04/chinese-magic-drive.html
Things can get weary if you get too cheap. Haha.

The Kit itself is never the worry, it's the use the user will put it through and how... sometimes people will throw a 55W kit in their stocker's.... woah... too much.

I'm all for saving money. If it's done right and a $35 kit is PART of the process in going HID, that's fine. It's not simply plug and play, though. I'd probably entertain the $35 kits starting out, but you can't just buy that kit and plug and play.

I'm sure the intention is good, but the application isn't complete. It shouldn't be advertised that you can just buy the $35 kit, plug it in and you instantly have real HID lighting.

It's still real. =P Just horribly done. It's all about design, there's even reflectors made for HID's.. it's all in the housings.

i bought a set of the ddm tuning kits for my girls car a 2010 subaru impreza with factory projectors on halogen bulbs and they worked nice when they would fire. me and 2 other buddies all bought 4 sets together and saved shipping but 3 of the 4 kits have issues where you have to turn the lights on and off multiple times to get them to turn on...i since bought her a set off ebay not a cheap set but like a $60 set and they fire and work great.

i since bought her a set off ebay not a cheap set but like a $60 set and they fire and work great.

Nice job wasting 60 bucks, FYI all ebay PnP kits are the same crap....

I bought 2nd gen hid kit with hid low beams and halogen high beams (which really suck ),But I only paid $37 for the complete kit and it works really good..

Back