hiridin's dana 30 sas | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hiridin's dana 30 sas

i'm going to be doing a sas on my 98' Explorer Sport 4x4 :D its a high pinion dana 30 from an xj that will have the early bronco suspension setup with 5.5" wild horse lift springs. i'm going for about 8" of suspension lift with a combo of spring over, add a leafs and blocks to raise the rear end. it will be riding on 35" Xterrains on 15x10" black rock crawlers with 2.5" bs. so far i've gotten the front end stripped with the exception of cutting off the cross member and shock perches ect. no pics yet but i will be taking them throughout the process and will eventually figure out a way to post them or give a link to them. this should be done in under 3 weeks but who knows could be more or could be less. i'll keep ya'll posted. thanks

ordered a lock right for the rear... found someone to get my trutrac. locker should be in monday or tuesday... i pick up my new tires tomorrow. i'm getting my truck to where it should've been the first time around :rolleyes: but its getting there...

i got my tires on... i got the lockrite in. and i got to try it out in the mud. and WOW what a difference. i can do things in 2wd that i could barely do with 4wd with my old setup. its pretty awesome. that along with that flasher for extra power and its a blast to play with :D i wish i would've done this in the beginning so i could've saved some time and $$$ but either way it was worth it. the only thing i need now is to add a trutrac in the front. but that might not be for another 7 months to a year maybe. after i get off work i'm going to go play around in the mud again and i'll get some pics tomorrow. it'll be too dark by the time i get out there to take any pics tonite. my biggest problem now is my radius arms being too weak. right after i started driving it i broke one wheeling and we welded it back up then the next time i went wheeling i broke the other side. so we scrapped it and completely redid the right side radius arm. with work and all i've yet to get the chance to fix the driverside though so i'm kind of avoiding lots of flexing and twisting b/c of fear it'll break again. hopefully by the end of this week we can have it done... i'll also get a pic or two of the new radius arms.

Back