hood scoop... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hood scoop...

I am looking to install a small hood scoop on the passenger side, just above the air box. Anyone have an pics of a good scoop to use?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will probably go with some type of louver but I am only looking to have one on that corner of the hood. My funds for the Banshee shakker hood are all gone...

if you do one side, do the other, i dont like those one side scoop styles.

Originally posted by Timmy
if you do one side, do the other, i dont like those one side scoop styles.

i dunno... i think one side might look kinda cool. :D

go look at an eagle talon, picture that being an actual hood scoop instead of juss the indent in it, or wahtever. i think it looks ugly , thats just my .02 though

i was thinking something smaller. That would be an optimum place for an induction. Have the air go in and down to the bottom of the box so if it pulled in rain or whatever, it would just flow through a drain while the air would create some type of "vortex" around the conical filter. Just a thought...

maybe I will just go with an intercooler... just have to figure out where to mount it.

Originally posted by coolchriscush
i dunno... i think one side might look kinda cool. :D

Yeah so long as its functional it doesn't matter where it goes in my book. RX7's scoops weren't centered. I just HATE the fake scoops!!

I was thinking of the same sorta thing....hmmm do I smell a possible group buy...ehh maybe not, probably be too much money for most.

They make them also slightly recessed like on the early muscle cars, that would be cool, you could direct like ram air induction.

You could do something like the 98ish subaru's . They have an intercooler scoop in the center an then two vent type things down towards the corners

Ever seen a Mustang SVO? THey have an offcentered scoop that feeds directly into the little intercooler under the hood. Kinda cool i think...

Just a thought...

Back