hooking ipod up to Alpine HU | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hooking ipod up to Alpine HU

old#7

Reaction score
City, State
West Des Moines, IA (Home) Iowa City, IA (School)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 4x4
I want to hook up my ipod to my Alpine HU without using an FM modulator. My Alpine is a few years old (model is a cda-9837 i think) and it doesn't have RCA inputs on the back. I saw the Pioneer aux. hookups but those won't work for mine obviously. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search. Search. Search.

I've searched a bunch on this website and haven't found anything to help.

I think Alpine is supposed to be the most compatable brand for iPods. Look on Alpine's website and look for one of their adaptors for your coresponding headunit.

Well then you aren't searching for the right thing.

Google for "Alpine AUX adapter" or eBay for that matter. There's a few Alpine branded pieces and some non-Alpine parts.

ipod...Alpine

I have an iTrip....works great, no wires, works up to 100 ft. away on an unused radio station! I'm planning on getting that alpine-ipod adapter in awhile though, because I like the idea of controlling the ipod through the Alpine's remote & seeing the song titles on the H/U.

I did a few hours of research last night on all of this and today bought a new Alpine CDA-9833 with the ipod interface box thing. I would have ended up spending about $150 for everything that I wanted and found the HU on sale for $150 off. It should be coming in the next couple of days and I will post my results and impressions of the new setup.

old#7 said:
I did a few hours of research last night on all of this and today bought a new Alpine CDA-9833 with the ipod interface box thing. I would have ended up spending about $150 for everything that I wanted and found the HU on sale for $150 off. It should be coming in the next couple of days and I will post my results and impressions of the new setup.

I have the same HU i just put in my X. Love that stereo. but i bought it @ $332 a couple of weeks ago. i got the XM Kit with it.

Back