Hot Rod X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hot Rod X

alright.. its time to get the party started...

ive got the 96 limited... unfortunately its got a v6 and 4x4... so i have some proposals,

a) slam it to street level with the 4x4 anyway... i dont mind the extra weight, might even help with *some* terrain... if anyone who is more familiar with 4x4 and has comments on this proposal post up.

b) found my donor car... a saleen mustang. totaled.. but the engine got on the dyno and was pushing short of 450 horse.. so now i need a new rear end geared up for the street... today i start the search..

c) with all that horse i will need to re-enforce the frame.. because from what i've seen, they aren't all that tough.. so im going to try and figure out how to stiffen that up *possibly fill it?*

post up your ideas on my new project... haha.. oh yeah.. and if you like trucks.. look out for my s-10 project... 454 big block..

I have never heard of the Explorer having a week frame before!

i second that.. explorers have pretty strong frames if im not correct.. i dont think you'll need any frame support... troll has over 500hp and i dont think he did anything with his frame.. but ask him to find out specifics

explorers do have flexible frames....but all trucks do....the explorers have a very rigid body.... the stock frame should be able to handle a v8 without torqueing itself in half.....

I think that sounds like a sweet idea. Judging by my horsepower calculator and using Trolls trap speed and ET it comes up with 575 at the wheels and about 725 and the flywheel. You shouldnt have a problem, however, it is a limited so you may want to ditch the airbags to stiffin it up a little.

Back