How did I do? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How did I do?

Very nice car but would never buy new. Mrsp was $52k for my 17 limited loaded. Purchased used for 33k with 11k miles. Payment is below $400. These things lose so much value in first year or so. But if you love your SUV, just enjoy it! They are really nice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice car but would never buy new. Mrsp was $52k for my 17 limited loaded. Purchased used for 33k with 11k miles. Payment is below $400. These things lose so much value in first year or so. But if you love your SUV, just enjoy it! They are really nice.

THIS.

and.. Holy Crap! $19,000!!

Sounds about right for a limited - 2017 limiteds with similar miles are $25-30K at factory auction. 2017 sports however are still pulling $31-35k at factory auction with similar miles. 2017 sports under $30k had higher miles in the 40-60K range.

I bought a used 2017 Limited with 36,260 miles on it( NOT a lease return!) 4 weeks ago, with every single available option, for 30k even OTD. Also, the soccer mom that drove it, got an oil change and 4 brand new Michelin LTX tires the DAY before she traded for an expedition platinum. The window sticker on the exploder was 51.3k in August of 2017. That right there is some serious depreciation. Granted, I had to do a better job of removing the food goo from the back buckets than the stealership did, but it was worth it. I gave it a hand wax job and added an OEM bug deflector and peel and stick window ventvisors and it looks and drives like it is brand new. Plus, I sold my ‘13 F150 to a private party for 26.5k, so the entire deal only cost 3500. My only decision is should I upgrade to sync 3-v3.0 or leave it at v2.4?

Man, i don't know how anyone can justify a $1000 a month to drive a new vehicle. Insurance has to be around $300 a month on top of that $700 car payment.

Our last "new" vehicle for us was a 2012 Grand Caravan Limited that we bought in 2013 with $22K. The MSRP new was close to $40K, we paid $22K (after down payment) which worked out to about $350 a month (1.99% APR through a Credit Union).

Man, i don't know how anyone can justify a $1000 a month to drive a new vehicle. Insurance has to be around $300 a month on top of that $700 car payment.

Our last "new" vehicle for us was a 2012 Grand Caravan Limited that we bought in 2013 with $22K. The MSRP new was close to $40K, we paid $22K (after down payment) which worked out to about $350 a month (1.99% APR through a Credit Union).
Wow. Insurance at $300 a month? My insurance just went up to $830 a year! That includes total replacement cost (MRSP 62K) on my leased 2017 Platinum. I am retired and have my home insured by the same company.

Pete

Just a perspective.. if you are looking for something fast and respectable and don't need the room.. 30k range will get you a:

200mph! 2011 Shelby GT500 with 43k miles. New Tires!
https://www.carmax.com

2013 SRT8 4WD Jeep Grand Cherokee 49k miles 470hp!
Autotrader

Could also drop $4,000 into a dependable 2nd gen for a daily driver and then tow this F150 to the track with it on weekends..
Cars On Line.com

Stop. Just stop. Do not bring that information here. Too much temptation with that Shelby!! Lol man do I miss my mustang. But there is no way I could give up my Explorer and its space. Will just have to save and wait till later in life.

Back