How difficult is it to install components in the doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How difficult is it to install components in the doors

kola

Reaction score
I have purchased MB Quart's Q 6.5/1 mid-bass tweet combo. When I made the purchase, I was under the assumption there is an adapter to fit into the factory speaker holes in the doors. Well, there is, but it is only for 5.5 inch mids.

How much modification is going to have to be done? I will appreciate any ideas on how to install, including tweeter placement.

Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought some RF 6.5" components a while ago and when I pulled the door panel off, and placed the mids up to the door, it wouldn't fit because of the window. And if I made a spacer it would interfere with the panel. It may be different witht he MB quarts though. I had to sell mine and get some 5.25" components. With those I got some thin fiberboard stuff ( I think it ws masonite) and traced the original hoel in the door, then traced the outline of the speaker onto it, then cut the hole out and screwed it onto the door and that was it.

im using the quarts and the kickers(both 5 1/4"), what i did was fobbed a plate to hold the smaller speaker and tweeter and mount in the stock location/holes. i plan on moving the tweets higher up on the door to improve imaging and volume. if my lemon law is unsuccessful that is.

I have the diamond audio hexs 6.5" components in my front doors and I just fabed a piece of fiber board and some creativity and they fit in the factory holes but I would recommend not putting the tweets in the doors. I would find an alternative spot to place those. I'll post pictures of mine as soon as I can find the pictures of my install.

i agree with stud.... i got my tweets in the factory locations and the image just isnt what it could/should be.

Back